Question about Marin TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevebpp

I have a question about programming the Marin TRS and hoped one of you could help. The database lists Marin as having 2 different sets of base/offset data. Do I need both of these for the scanner to track properly. It looks like my Pro-96 will only accept one set. Also, if I would get the program Win96, does anyone know if it would allow me to program both sets? Any advice is much appreciated.

DonS

northzone said:
Yes, you need both to track and YES, win96 will allow you to enter up to 3 sets.

Win96 will allow you to enter up to six (6) sets of base/offset/step values in each bank.

-Don

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Allow yes, but you won't ever need more than three for 3600. I believe that's what he meant. ;)

-Wayne

BlueZebra

Marin's new system

For a new guy who just bought a Pro-96, I am hearing Marin's Radio Shop personnel on one freg, and San Rafael PD, who went active on the new trunked system, on another. But I only hear them went I manually go thru the freqs assigned. When on scan, my radio doesn't pick them up. Any ideas? Again, I am new to digital/trunked scanning, so go easy with your answer.

Thanks

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Re: Marin's new system

BlueZebra said:
For a new guy who just bought a Pro-96, I am hearing Marin's Radio Shop personnel on one freg, and San Rafael PD, who went active on the new trunked system, on another. But I only hear them went I manually go thru the freqs assigned. When on scan, my radio doesn't pick them up. Any ideas? Again, I am new to digital/trunked scanning, so go easy with your answer.

Thanks
Check these:
Are the freqs marked as MO?
Is the bank set as Motorola?

You'll need WIN96 to program in the second range. Make sure custom table is bubbled and under the table for adding your based and spacing you have 3600 checked.

-Wayne

serebin

Func -> Trunk
Func -> 2
Set the appropriate values. These are the correct values for the East TRS
offset 380
step 12.5 khz

Then go to

Func -> 3
select "Table" for 3800 CC Mode

Semper Fi

serebin

I would also like to say that according to some where I read you can only have one TRS per bank, so I have the East and West site in two banks. I can then set offsets, etc for each bank. Is there a better way to do this or what.

serebin

Also I got a question, who's got a pro-96 file for win96 for marin?

I checked the pro-96 yahoo group, no dice so far.

BlueZebra

OK, I am trying to put the two sets of info in the Custom Table portion of Win96. However, there are some stumbling blocks.

First, in the Custom table, there is Channel Low and Channel High. What do I do with those?

Secondly, the offset changes the 12.5 that I need to put in to 12. And the Step changes from the 380 and 570 I need to put in there, to 100 in both cases. Could Offset and Step be reversed- that is, the offset should be 380 and 570, and the step should be 12.5 (for both freqs)?

Any help is great, but please speak in cleartext. Thanks!!

DonS

In Win96's "Extended Tables" box, the Marin County system's table info would likely be entered as follows:
Code:
CH Lo  CH Hi   Base Freq   Offset    Step
 380    569    482.00000    380     12.500
 570    759    488.00000    570     12.500
Also, you'll need to check the "Use these entries for 3600 bps systems" box.

My CH Lo and CH Hi values above are based on the presumption that this system, like a "default" 400 MHz system, uses channel numbers from 380 to 759.

When the PRO-96 receives channel info on the CC, it looks through the tables to find an entry whose CH Lo / CH Hi fields contain the target channel. It then subtracts the Offset channel, multiplies by the Step size, and adds the Base Freq. The final result is the voice frequency.

For example, if the CC indicated "channel 608", the PRO-96 would use the second table entry above. It would subtract the offset 570, multiply the result ( 38 ) by 12.5 kHz (getting 0.4750 MHz), then add the base freq 488.0000 MHz. The voice frequency is then 488.4750 MHz.

BlueZebra

Serebin and DonS:

Thanks for your help. Looking to see if that works. Nothing yet.

Serebin, I am not sure what you are asking for. Will help if I can.

serebin

It's ok, I made my own Marin County .p96 configuration for my scanner.

By the way, my instructions were for people who don't have a cable or win96 and reside in east marin. Me personally I have not heard any west marin traffic. I can hear a motorolla system faintly on one of the west zones but can't pick it up. Maybe I'll hear something next time I'm at rancho nicasio or point reyes. DonS has the correct table info.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
wayne_h said:
Allow yes, but you won't ever need more than three for 3600. I believe that's what he meant. ;)

-Wayne

Oh Oh! Is there more to that statement when it comes to 9600 systems.... ?!?!? ;) :)

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
kikito said:
wayne_h said:

-Wayne

Oh Oh! Is there more to that statement when it comes to 9600 systems.... ?!?!? ;) :)

I bet the Alaskan state system made you resemble Calvin a few times huh? :lol: :lol: I hear brain cells fizzling now....

-Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.