Question about the GRE PSR 310

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner71

I want to know if the new 310 can dump control channel info via the usb and if it can, can it do both digital and analogue? I know you can not hear digital with the 310 but I want to buy it if let say I can use it for Trunk88 and see both digital/analogue. Thanx for the help.

Northerner71

I am using a tapped pro 26 that doesn't have digital capabilities right now, my question is more along the lines of, does the pc/if jack on the 310 supply data to trunk88. I know on the pro 96 the pc/if jack doesn't send the info so you would have to tap it. I want a cheap scanner I do not have to tap so I can just use my usb. Thanx for the reply though.

W6KRU

I might be confused. An analog scanner can only provide tapped audio to a data slicer which then feeds the data to a computer. Some of the new digital scanners have the data slicer built in and provide the data to a PC directly.

Northerner71

All I did for my Pro 26 was to remove the back cover and attach a headphone jack to a pin inside and a resistor to give me raw audio and I plug the jack into my computers headphone jack and I get all of the control channels info on my Trunk88. I know I can get the info from an analogue scanner, I just need to know if the 310 will supply it through the pc/if. My mom owns a pro 96 and I tried to hook up Trunk88 to it and no go. It seems that the Pro 96 only allows you to program it that way. I want to know if the 310 has one only for programing or if it supplies raw data out also.

Status
Not open for further replies.