Question about USB cable for BC296D

Status
Not open for further replies.

racinscan

Hello everyone! I have a BC 296D. My question is can someone tell me where I can find a programming cable and software for my scanner? My dog got loose and chewed up my old cable. My husband called around and someone told him that I will never be able to get a cable for it. Is it true? If not can someone please let me know where to get one? Thanks, Kathy

Chewmeister

The data cable for the 296D is getting very hard to find, About 2 years ago, I ordered a replacement one from the Netherlands. There is no USB cable for this scanner, but I have a serial to USB adapter that works great with ARC250 software.

The good news is that Scannermaster claims they have the cable in stock...
http://www.scannermaster.com/Bearcat_250D_PC_Serial_Cable_p/01-550787.htm

The bad news is that the cable costs $40.

lugoffman

Chewmeister said:
The data cable for the 296D is getting very hard to find, About 2 years ago, I ordered a replacement one from the Netherlands. There is no USB cable for this scanner, but I have a serial to USB adapter that works great with ARC250 software.

The good news is that Scannermaster claims they have the cable in stock...
http://www.scannermaster.com/Bearcat_250D_PC_Serial_Cable_p/01-550787.htm

The bad news is that the cable costs $40.
HEY THANKS !!! I looked there once but never found it maybe I put in the wrong info but just bought one from them thanks. I hope I am not hijacking this thread but I went to www.uniden.com and was looking for one also plus the shareware program to get like the win97 program and it had somthing I downloaded it from the sight is there another program I could get to use with the rr data base like the win97 program I got .

racinscan

lugoffman said:
HEY THANKS !!! I looked there once but never found it maybe I put in the wrong info but just bought one from them thanks. I hope I am not hijacking this thread but I went to www.uniden.com and was looking for one also plus the shareware program to get like the win97 program and it had somthing I downloaded it from the sight is there another program I could get to use with the rr data base like the win97 program I got .

LOL! It sounds like you are looking for the same thing I am as well. You took the words right out of my mouth I was going to ask the same thing . Does any one know of a good shareware program for this scanner ?? Also $40 dollars isn't bad cause I can not fine one no were so thanks for the link

n2mdk

There are plenty of people on here who will be able to help you. That I am sure of.

ICP963

Feed Provider
racinscan said:
Hey Thank you so much !! I downloaded both version cause I really didn't know which one to download . My question to you is after I get the cable ,I just ordered can I get you or someone to walk me through , on working with this software ? Thank You so much
You might also want to check out ProScan, it works great with the 296D. It will program a,d it will even let you remotely control the scanner and stream it to the internet if desired.

You can download it with a 30 day free trial at www.proscan.org

Status
Not open for further replies.