HP-1: Question: How do I transfer my recored audio files to the HP Sentinel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf6olc

Premium Subscriber
I would like to transfer all my audio recordings from my HP-1 to the HP Sentinel. I thought that when I synced this during my updates that this would do this automatically. It's not doing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,KF6OLC

marksmith

I would like to transfer all my audio recordings from my HP-1 to the HP Sentinel. I thought that when I synced this during my updates that this would do this automatically. It's not doing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,KF6OLC
Where in Sentinel? I don't know of a place in Sentinel to put wav files for storage.

Wav file recordings are stored on your SD card in the recordings directory. If you want to copy or move them to your PC just copy them to a directory of your choice on the PC. They can then be played by any program that plays wav files. I recommend media monkey because it lines up well with file descriptions.

Sentinel does not play wav files.

Also, I would use a card reader to make this transfer (even though you can do it thru USB because it will take a tenth of the time.

Syncing file updates for systems and database does not sync audio files because there is no place in Sentinel to sync them to, and it would take forever thru the USB cable. Would also cause file updates to take anywhere from 2x to 50x the length of time depending on how much you might have recorded. Not practical.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

Status
Not open for further replies.