• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Question - NX320 Channel Selector Knob Alignment Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dapaq2

Group,

I'm working with an NX320 and I am noticing that when changing channels with the channel selector knob on the top of the radio that the white line on the knob that points to the numbers around the knob on the radio top plate do not match up with what is shown on the display screen. On the screen when it shows channel 1 the knob is lining up with channel 15. I have already pulled the channel selector knob off the shaft and tried to realign and push it back on but the flat area on the shaft will not let me align it where I want it. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this and/or a solution?

Thank you,
Doug

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The spring that holds the knob alignment can be removed and the knob can be reindexed to match.

From the service manual:

1. Precautions for Disassembly

■ Removing the selector knob spring and volume
knob spring
1. Lightly grasp the left and right sides of the selector knob
spring, then shift the knob spring to the left and right,
little by little, as shown in the figure. q
Note: Do not grasp the knob spring tightly.
2. Remove the selector knob spring w.
Note: Do not bring your fingers into contact with the flat
spring of the knob spring as much as possible.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the volume knob spring, to remove
the volume knob spring.

Knob spring
Encoder
Note:
Perform the following procedures when installing the selector
knob spring and volume knob spring.
1) Match the direction for the knob spring and the encoder.
2) Insert the encoder onto the knob spring until a click
sounds.

dapaq2

Never mind, disregard, false alarm. It was a programing 'thing'... meaning I had less than 16 channels in the zone, there are 16 channels on the top selector knob, "Roll Over" is selected in the programming and made it look like the knob was the issue/cause, all is good now.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.