Question on Bay County Trunk System

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
On a good night I can pick up the Bay County MOT2 trunk system all the way in Navarre. I have my BCT15’s programmed with all the control channels and reception will range from 3 to 5 bars depending on ducting. One thing I have noticed over the last few months, when a voice transmission comes across 857.26250, I’m pegging at 5 bars and hearing what I guess is Motor Boating (bbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrr) sound every time the CC uses that voice channel. I have to hit scan to resume. Anyone else in the Bay County area experiencing this?

harrisjt

Premium Subscriber
bc

I live in bay county and work for the county, this system is strong with one of its towers on the south west end of the beach. you can get the system pretty far of shore aswell. i travel often to pcola beach and i have talked the system from there as well. its pretty cool. but you cant do it everytime

wwhitby

Feed Provider
wise871 said:
On a good night I can pick up the Bay County MOT2 trunk system all the way in Navarre. I have my BCT15’s programmed with all the control channels and reception will range from 3 to 5 bars depending on ducting. One thing I have noticed over the last few months, when a voice transmission comes across 857.26250, I’m pegging at 5 bars and hearing what I guess is Motor Boating (bbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrr) sound every time the CC uses that voice channel. I have to hit scan to resume. Anyone else in the Bay County area experiencing this?

When i'm in PC Beach, I can usually pick up the digital Motorola system used by Jackson, Mississippi (yes, Mississippi!) from the 6th floor of the condo. Maybe that's what you're hearing?

Warren

wise871

Database Admin
I figured out what was causing my interferance. Somewhere near me someone is using 857.2625 (165.5). When I tune to it directly, I hear the interferance. This freq is also used by Bay County so this is why I'm hearing it during there transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.