• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Question On Butel ARC500 Software Computer Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wthom100

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone -

Perhaps someone has the knoweledge here on the RR forum to help me resolve an issue I am having where I am trying to re-load a new laptop with ARC500 software I previously purchased.

Some background:
- I purchased the Butel ARC500 software for my Radio Shack Pro-197 scanner through RR for $39.99 about 6 months ago.

- I have the software keys

- Laptop I was using before was a Windows XP. My new laptop is Windows 7

- Before I got rid of my old laptop, I copied the ARC500 software onto a memory stick. My intention was to transfer the ARC500 software from my old computer to the new computer.

- When I copied the software onto my computer and try to run the ARC500.exe file I get an error message as follows: "component msinet.ocx or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

- I am not sure what the issue is. I suspect it might have someting to do with the software keys but not sure where to enter the keys.

- I thought about just re-downloading the software from the RR Radioshack site to ensure all the proper files get downloaded - but before the download you have to buy the software - which obviously I do not want to do because I already purchased it (again, I have the keys from my prrior purchase)

Question:
- Does anyone have any idea what I may have doing wrong? And, what can I do to get the ARC500 software up and running again on my new computer.

Regards - Wthom100

fxdscon

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone -

Perhaps someone has the knoweledge here on the RR forum to help me resolve an issue I am having where I am trying to re-load a new laptop with ARC500 software I previously purchased.

Some background:
- I purchased the Butel ARC500 software for my Radio Shack Pro-197 scanner through RR for $39.99 about 6 months ago.

- I have the software keys

- Laptop I was using before was a Windows XP. My new laptop is Windows 7

- Before I got rid of my old laptop, I copied the ARC500 software onto a memory stick. My intention was to transfer the ARC500 software from my old computer to the new computer.

- When I copied the software onto my computer and try to run the ARC500.exe file I get an error message as follows: "component msinet.ocx or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

- I am not sure what the issue is. I suspect it might have someting to do with the software keys but not sure where to enter the keys.

- I thought about just re-downloading the software from the RR Radioshack site to ensure all the proper files get downloaded - but before the download you have to buy the software - which obviously I do not want to do because I already purchased it (again, I have the keys from my prrior purchase)

Question:
- Does anyone have any idea what I may have doing wrong? And, what can I do to get the ARC500 software up and running again on my new computer.

Regards - Wthom100
Just download a new copy of ARC500 from Butel and install it, and re-enter the registration keys.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
ARC 500

It is almost impossible to copy a program from one computer to another. There are registry files and other files that get put in folders that you cannot just copy from one version of windows to another. A very few older programs might work that way, but most will not.

Wthom100

Premium Subscriber
Up and running!!. Thank you Fxdscon and Jaspence - appreciate your assistance.

Warm Regards - Wthom100

zac

Premium Subscriber
im having the same issue. i have the the keys as well but i downloaded the program and it says its expired some reason. ive tried to load the keys in but still wont work. anymore suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.