Question On Butel ARC500 Software Computer Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wthom100

Hello Everyone -

Perhaps someone has the knoweledge here on the RR forum to help me resolve an issue I am having where I am trying to re-load a new laptop with ARC500 software I previously purchased.

Some background:
- I purchased the Butel ARC500 software for my Radio Shack Pro-197 scanner through RR for $39.99 about 6 months ago.

- I have the software keys

- Laptop I was using before was a Windows XP. My new laptop is Windows 7

- Before I got rid of my old laptop, I copied the ARC500 software onto a memory stick. My intention was to transfer the ARC500 software from my old computer to the new computer.

- When I copied the software onto my computer and try to run the ARC500.exe file I get an error message as follows: "component msinet.ocx or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

- I am not sure what the issue is. I suspect it might have someting to do with the software keys but not sure where to enter the keys.

- I thought about just re-downloading the software from the RR Radioshack site to ensure all the proper files get downloaded - but before the download you have to buy the software - which obviously I do not want to do because I already purchased it (again, I have the keys from my prrior purchase)

Question:
- Does anyone have any idea what I may have doing wrong? And, what can I do to get the ARC500 software up and running again on my new computer.

Regards - Wthom100

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone -

Perhaps someone has the knoweledge here on the RR forum to help me resolve an issue I am having where I am trying to re-load a new laptop with ARC500 software I previously purchased.

Some background:
- I purchased the Butel ARC500 software for my Radio Shack Pro-197 scanner through RR for $39.99 about 6 months ago.

- I have the software keys

- Laptop I was using before was a Windows XP. My new laptop is Windows 7

- Before I got rid of my old laptop, I copied the ARC500 software onto a memory stick. My intention was to transfer the ARC500 software from my old computer to the new computer.

- When I copied the software onto my computer and try to run the ARC500.exe file I get an error message as follows: "component msinet.ocx or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

- I am not sure what the issue is. I suspect it might have someting to do with the software keys but not sure where to enter the keys.

- I thought about just re-downloading the software from the RR Radioshack site to ensure all the proper files get downloaded - but before the download you have to buy the software - which obviously I do not want to do because I already purchased it (again, I have the keys from my prrior purchase)

Question:
- Does anyone have any idea what I may have doing wrong? And, what can I do to get the ARC500 software up and running again on my new computer.

Regards - Wthom100

Just download a new copy of ARC500 from Butel and install it, and re-enter the registration keys.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
ARC 500

It is almost impossible to copy a program from one computer to another. There are registry files and other files that get put in folders that you cannot just copy from one version of windows to another. A very few older programs might work that way, but most will not.

zac

Premium Subscriber
im having the same issue. i have the the keys as well but i downloaded the program and it says its expired some reason. ive tried to load the keys in but still wont work. anymore suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.