Question re MSP system

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjn1962

Hello:

The RadioReference database for the MSP trunk indentifies a Fall River simulcast. The frequencies exactly match those for Southeastern MA (Zone 3). I cannot cross this zone to the information on Steve Johnson's site. Can anyone tell me if the Fall River simulcast actually exists, or is it an error? Or, is "simulcast" used differently here and there is just one tower in Fall River that simulcasts Zone 3?

Also, why don't the last six or seven entries in the zone listing have the control channels highlighted?

Thanks for any help,

Chris

N1BHH

Looks like another case of someone putting in information, not knowing that system very well. And there is no such zone 101 or 102 or any of those others. Looks like someone's speculating what's out there. What is known as Zone 3 is a simulcast with a number of sites in Southeastern Massachusetts, exclusive of Cape Cod. Just putting that particular information and calling it Fall River simulcast adds to the confusion. The information you find on Steve's list is the very best, most accurate you will find. The 7 sites they are using, they chose after exhaustive testing.

cjn1962

Thanks for the reply. However, they all have distinct licenses and Site IDs. Are those facts relevant at all? Or did they license more sites than they needed?

Thanks,

Chris

garys

Premium Subscriber
Those look like Intellipeater sites. For example, Zones 10 & 12 are Intellipeater "fill in" sites for Troop C. An Intellipeater is used when there is a problem with coverage in an area. If you listen, you will probably only hear activity when a unit is affiliated with one of the sites. I'm not sure if any of the Site number in the 1xx series are accurate. I don't know that any of those sites are actually built.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.