• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Question regarding LASD Dispatch 9 and LAPD Harbor frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all i am new to this whole scanner gig and I would like some help starting this new hobby. So What type of scanner would I need and which is the best to purchase to listen to the following 2 frequencies: LOS ANGELES COUNTY SHERIFF DISPATCH 9" and "LAPD HARBOR DIVISION" ? and how would I program the frequency on the scanner ? Also would I be able to listen to these frequencies on any scanner ? thanks.

i live in carson and i listen to both SHERIFF is all ANALOG >>LAPD you will need a DIGITAL CAPABLE scanner witch will run you 400.00 or more any analog scanner will work for SHERIFF

i live in carson and i listen to both SHERIFF is all ANALOG >>LAPD you will need a DIGITAL CAPABLE scanner witch will run you 400.00 or more any analog scanner will work for SHERIFF
Ok thank you , also is there anyway I can listen to these frequencies online ? or on an app ?

Code20Photog

Premium Subscriber
At this point, I wouldn't buy any scanner that isn't digital capable, even if what you're interested in listening to isn't digital at the moment. No sense in putting a couple hundred dollars down on a scanner and having to replace it a couple years down the road.

There are a variety of LAPD channels you will want besides the one you specified, such as tacticals, etc. So don't feel like you're buying a digital scanner just to listen to one channel.

A digital scanner can pick up analog channels fine, in case you're wondering.

hd625b

Premium Subscriber
I agree with Code20Photog. More and more agencies are moving to a digital format. I have A Uniden BCD996XT which receives both digital and analog signals. The 996XT has a steep learning curve but with the help of the Radioreference forums I'm learning.

MtL

SCPD

Look for a Pro-96 on ebay, those work best around here. I'm in San Pedro.
I would suggest staying away from one of these. They can't be rebanded and the new 700 MHz band isn't covered. The federal band (162-174) can't be narrowbanded on the 96 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.