Question with Win500 and a Pro106

Status
Not open for further replies.

richrisdon

Premium Subscriber
I am gonig to buy a Pro 106 Scanner on wednesday for Northern Virginia (Alex, Fairfax, Arlington, DC, STARS). I purchased Win500 last night and here is my question. When I use Win 500 and Download the Frequency and Talk Groups, Will i need to go into the Talking Tables within Win500 and pick a Band Plan? Thanks in advance for your comments

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
'Talking' tables? I think you mean 'Trunking' - and the answer would be no I don't think so. However in at least one instance - the DC system - if you are interested in hearing MPD, you would need to go into tables to set offsets, as it's a UHF system. This article covers this issue...

Programming the MPDC in Digital Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

Look at the very bottom in the technical notes section

best regards...Mike

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I am gonig to buy a Pro 106 Scanner on wednesday for Northern Virginia (Alex, Fairfax, Arlington, DC, STARS). I purchased Win500 last night and here is my question. When I use Win 500 and Download the Frequency and Talk Groups, Will i need to go into the Talking Tables within Win500 and pick a Band Plan? Thanks in advance for your comments
Win500 will auto set correct tables for Motorola systems both VHF/UHF trunking and 800 rebanded unless database page does not reflect 800 reband. This application is for Fairfax, Alex, Arlington 800 Mot and DC UHF or DC 800.

For P25 systems Win500 will set TSYS to P25 Auto. Then when scanner first acquires the CC, the tables will auto populate. This application is for STARS, Arlington P25 and other FED VHF/UHF P25 systems in area.

Status
Not open for further replies.