Questions list: WS1040

Status
Not open for further replies.
Context: WS1040, do a lot of driving and a lot of home listening. Wake county area (Motorola Smartzone, P25)

1: how many Talk Groups is max per scan list? (For speed reasons)

2: any antenna recommendations for optimal listening?

3: antenna recommendations for vehicle (if needed, magnetic roof mount)?

4: Best rechargeable batteries for scanners? (Eneloops?)

5: audio via jack to car stereo seems scratch?

6: Bluetooth audio jack for scanner to add Bluetooth functionality?

7: is leaving the LCD backlight on all the time bad (will it wear it out or damage it in some way)?

8: any other tips, tricks, or suggested equipment?

Swipesy

The WS1040 (original GRE PSR 500) is an Object based scanner. It has a limit of 1852 objects (frequencies, Talkgroups, RID, etc.) There is no limit per se of TG in a Scan List other than the 1852 total object limit for the entire scanner.

The scanner does not scan Talkgroups. The scanner scans system programmed frequencies. Thus the number of TG's is not a speed issue. The number of programmed systems and control, alt freq determine how fast the scanner goes through the list. If the scanner hears a broadcast on a system frequency then it looks for a TG in a scan list. Milliseconds response.

The RS 800/Remtronics 800 rubber duck works very well with this scanner

I prefer Eneloops batteries. Get about 11 to 12 hours per charge

My car speaker via cable is perfect. Be sure you are using mono cable not stereo.

I don't use Bluetooth so no comment

Why not use the backlight only comes on when there is a hit? I use that method on my PSR 500 which is nearing 12 years old without failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.