Questions on PS frequency organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
Family lives off I25 in Douglass county and works in parts of Denver. We travel to and from DEN on Amtrak; always nice people, great service. The AAR frequencies are active, negotiating with BNSF dispatchers to get our train through the yards. When comes to the non-RR data, the terminology in the CO Wiki database confuses me. I see CSP vehicles on I25, Denver Police cars and Douglass County Sheriff vehicles on local streets. The cars all seem to have multiple antennas for different bands or services. In the Wiki database I don't see local "police" entries (except for CSP) . What am I missing within the county and municipal organization listings? I am trying to put a collection together for the PRO-106 using the WIN500 software. TIA.

04Z1V6

In the RR DB you first hit database then click on database home this brings you to the U.S.A. map then click on Colorado this will bring you to a map of Colorado with all the counties you can look at each county by clicking on them or page down to the bottom and click on State of Colorado DTRS This will give you all the Tower sites and Talk Groups.
In the Win500 program goto File pull down the menu were it reads Web Imports mouse over that and it will read RadioReference,com mouse over that and it will read Trunked System and Conventional frequency if you click on Trunked System you will goto the programming mode of the software after putting in the info needed you will need to check mark the towers you need and then the TG's you would like Its that easy. I have left out other things but you get the idea. You will need to learn the software or you will be writing for other kinds of Help it will take a little time but really is easy.
If you would like a large front range file of Public Service PM me your e-mail and I will send a file.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
One of my goals is to get rag municipality/jurisdiction into the county databases, but I haven't gotten to it just yet. Each of the agencies you have named are primarily working off of shared trunked systems, so for Denver, look at the Denver Public Safety EDACS system, and for Douglas County and CSP, look at the State of Colorado DTRS system under the CSP and Douglas County sections. Most metro agencies are using 800 MHz, buy a few use VHF for primary or interoperability. Does that help any?

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
I created a printable map of radio usage in Colorado counties, and it's available on my website at systems. Perhaps this will clear up some of your questions. :)

w2xq

Mentor
Thanks to everyone above who helped with answers to my query. The PRO-106 is new to me (upgrading from an analog PRO-2041). Clearly the 106 isn't meant for manual programming, and the Win500 software unfortunately lacks a help file. This new "stuff" will take me a while. My programming in dBASE (DOS4/5/6) to control COM1/2 out to SW HF receivers seems so long ago. Thanks again. And I have to get up to speed before travelling to Denver this Christmas :-/
Tom

04Z1V6

That's why we all do this to have a little fun listening and learning. Hey DOS was that code I learned to make my TRS-80 run.

Highpockets

Thanks to everyone above who helped with answers to my query. The PRO-106 is new to me (upgrading from an analog PRO-2041). Clearly the 106 isn't meant for manual programming, and the Win500 software unfortunately lacks a help file. This new "stuff" will take me a while. My programming in dBASE (DOS4/5/6) to control COM1/2 out to SW HF receivers seems so long ago. Thanks again. And I have to get up to speed before travelling to Denver this Christmas :-/
Tom

Did you see this?

WIN500 - UtahRadio

w2xq

Mentor

Yes, Steve, thanks. DOS lives :) I downloaded the scanner manual and searched through RR almost a week before picking the 106 after Labor Day. The thing that frustrates me with Win500 is no help file; abbreviations are thrown around assuming prior knowledge. UtahRadio's pages are a big help, but the images don't reflect the current version 2.02 and I don't know what, if any, text needs updating. I recognize it is all volunteer and family/work/vacation comes first.

Tom

Highpockets

Yes, Steve, thanks. DOS lives :) I downloaded the scanner manual and searched through RR almost a week before picking the 106 after Labor Day. The thing that frustrates me with Win500 is no help file; abbreviations are thrown around assuming prior knowledge. UtahRadio's pages are a big help, but the images don't reflect the current version 2.02 and I don't know what, if any, text needs updating. I recognize it is all volunteer and family/work/vacation comes first.

Tom

My friend put that Guide together (who has passed) I try to keep it up to date in his memory, the screens should be pretty close to that of the new version (if not the same, close enough to get you on the right track). Most users using that Guide have gotten excellent results in programming their scanners, you have to take your time and it will come to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.