Questions on the Uniden BC75XLT power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtp

my $.02 is get the 325P2.
i bought a 396T in 2007 and it has been in my pocket almost everyday since.
i even brought it to my wedding, the wife understood.
she uses the 396XT.

wtp

bringing it back to radio...
the 325 fits in your pocket, good for on the go or a wedding...
in Florida the power can go out with any storm, it is handy to be able to listen on the go.
my 396T is only powered by batteries, storms can creep up at any time.

Sporadic E enthusiast
UPDATE: :)

I had previous decided to return the scanners due to frustration, but then I didn't want to give up so easily knowing E's are soon to be crackling on my speakers. I broke down and bought some batteries. Put the batteries in and number 1 scanner powered up. Took the batteries out and crossed my fingers. Plugged the usb into the PC, number 1 powered right up. Amazing. Crossed my fingers once again with number 2 scanner, same results. Now I am a happy scanner. Why the scanners wouldn't power up the when I unboxed em, I dunno.

Yes there is another kink in my grand plan of catching E's. The scanners have fine audio but I wanted to use my faithful external speaker. It's a no go, cant even hear it, the volume is too low. Really no problem as I have powered computer speakers that use usb. The usb thingy again. :rolleyes:
I am using the TV to power the speakers. Check. I plug the audio cable into number 1 scanner. Check. Works fine and great audio. Now number 2 scanner has no physical connection the the speakers whatsoever. I hear audio from both 1 and 2 scanners in the speakers.

Any guesses as to why I hear both scanner audios but only one is plugged into speakers?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
...my faithful external speaker. It's a no go, cant even hear it, the volume is too low...

Headphone jack is only going to be able to drive headphones/earbuds. For an external speaker, you need to use an amplified speaker (as you found).

Not sure on the audio. I can't be sure from your description what is connected to what.

Scan125

Do you have a microphone input enabled on your PC that is picking up the audio from the speaker of the second scanner that has no audio output cable connected which would mute it's speaker?

Bob1955

I want to buy two of them. I want to use AC power only. What do I need? The owner's manual don't say much for AC power.

View attachment 70206View attachment 70207View attachment 70208

I do have a 4 outlet strip surge protector with two USB Ports. The ports are labeled 2.4 A. Will this work for me? If not what do I need.
You just connect it to the A/C power and select the inside switch to alkaline batteries-mode and you can leave it plugged in all the time which turns the internal charger off.

Status
Not open for further replies.