Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmhorn

I have two questions about the TRX-1 and EZScan that I hope someone can answer;

1. What is the relationship (if any) between the display scroll/scan speed and the actual scan speed of the
TRX-1?

2. If I perform a Channel Update, are the outmoded talkgroup names or frequencies changed to the current
designation on RR? I generally leave undesignated/unknown (not yet assigned) talkgroups blank when I
manually enter them. Can I expect that info to be filled with subsequent updates when it is available
on RR?

Thanks

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
In response to your 1'st question, I thing the list that you see scrolling on the scanner is just a reminder of what lists you are scanning and has nothing to do with the actual scan speed, as well as what's being scanned at that very moment. I have a pretty long list and the scanner can be scanning the first part, and suddenly the scanner will pick up frequencies that are in a list at the end. At least that's my experience.
hope this helps.

Ubbe

1. No relation. And it only scrolls if all scanlists don't fit on the display. You can set the earphone jack to IF out and listen how it scans and estimate the speed.

/Ubbe

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I have two questions about the TRX-1 and EZScan that I hope someone can answer;

2. If I perform a Channel Update, are the outmoded talkgroup names or frequencies changed to the current
designation on RR? I generally leave undesignated/unknown (not yet assigned) talkgroups blank when I
manually enter them. Can I expect that info to be filled with subsequent updates when it is available
on RR?

Thanks

In ezscan you have the option to update the alpha tags with the new data or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.