Quick Access To Memories or Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzalu

Well, I think a pad of 9 buttons or however many fit (or even better, a choice of button size choices from one line buttons to two line buttons or wide vs. narrow buttons and however fit on a screen while legible) and then having a page function.

Users would be able to select THE frequencies/channels they wanted to be on which buttons. Not all would be viable for this feature, just however many you need.

Airshows are a great example. Car Racing. You can set up a bank of preset favorite buttons one for each air demo team, Oracle, Blues, T-Birds, Heritage Flight, East Coast Viper team etc.

Car Racing, each team per button. Easy access to the channel/frequ you want.

BTW, for those who keep suggesting that scanning is perfect for them, THANK YOU. I am glad you're happy. This is why was asking for it because would like it :) I have been using scanners since the early 80s so I think I know how they [currently] work.

Cheers and thanks for the great tips and advice I have received! I just realized the Icom ID-5100a is also a touchscreen wideband receiver! It even has a great Android companion app. However, no control of memories the way I want :(

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
A set of "Hot Buttons" as a user defined option might work well. For example, you'd press the 'Function' button as a modifier, then press the 2 button on the current BCD536HP keypad to take you directly to a channel you've previously defined. That would give you quick access to 10 different channels. That would be enough to be useful. That seems like it would be easy enough to add in a firmware update. IIRC my Yaesu handheld has a feature like that.

For something like car racing I would probably just program the 10 or 20 channels I wanted into a single Department. Then I could just quickly scroll between those using the VFO knob. Or I could hold on that Department and scan only those 20 channels. I would think the same approach would work well for ATC, unless you need a lot more channels. But then at some point you'd have more channels than available buttons.

gonzalu

No, I want to visually tap on the channel I want. Heck I have even memories all the frequencies. I can blindly enter them. This gets really annoying after doing it 500 times in a day.

I just want to look at the screen, tap what I want, done. No f1 or memorizing locations and key combos. Scrolling is just as annoying when you have more than 15 frequencies to go through.

My mockup pictures above explain it best. I do not want to just use what's available to me today. I do that already and with your help, I learned a few more tricks

Bit now that I know it's not currently possible, it has become a feature wish/request.

byndhlptom

Quick freq "goto"

What you may have to do is write a program (Vbasic,other) that runs on a laptop with touch screen (or tablet) that has preprogrammed buttons (that display Text and Freq) that when you touch then, sends the correct command to the scanner for freq and mode. Someting along this line maybe the only option.

Most of the computer controlable scanners have control codes in the public domain....

This is what a lot of the CAD dispatch screens display.

Who knows, you could sell it and make money....

$.02

gonzalu

What you may have to do is write a program (Vbasic,other) that runs on a laptop with touch screen (or tablet) that has preprogrammed buttons (that display Text and Freq) that when you touch then, sends the correct command to the scanner for freq and mode. Someting along this line maybe the only option.

Most of the computer controlable scanners have control codes in the public domain....

This is what a lot of the CAD dispatch screens display.

Who knows, you could sell it and make money....

$.02

If only I could code :( I would be rich by now. So I have to BEG the developers and manufacturers for features :)

Status
Not open for further replies.