Quick-Call Paging of P25 in Delaware County

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonitoringDelCo

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone successfully set up a Unication G4/G5 with Quick-Call Paging for monitoring fire/EMS units using the COIRS 800 MHz system in Delaware County?

Thanks

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Has anyone successfully set up a Unication G4/G5 with Quick-Call Paging for monitoring fire/EMS units using the COIRS 800 MHz system in Delaware County?

I believe DelCo is still doing conventional paging on 154.190 so the G5 should work fine for that. I have one set up for Pickaway on their 800 MHz paging repeater and it works great.

However, from a general standpoint, the G4/G5 pagers are finicky about paging over P25. The paging tones have to meet pretty specific criteria in order for it to work, and they have to be very clean.

There's a white paper and video on the Unication web page which explains the requirements for paging over P25 pretty clearly. From a quick look at the DelCo tones in the Wiki (assuming they're still valid, no telling how old that list is), it looks like they meet the criteria.

MonitoringDelCo

Premium Subscriber
The G5 I have has a secondary band of 400 - 470 MHz, so the 154.190 is out for me. I followed David from Unication's video for the Quick-Call and can't get it to work here. I did use the DelCo tones from the Wiki and, like you, I don't know if they are still valid. I will have to decode the fire tones and determine if they are correct. If they are correct, I can try and send my programming file to David and see if he will check my settings.

ibagli

Do they even use the tones on the P25 system? It's been a while since I've paid much attention to DelCo but my memory is that they only sent the paging tones over 154.190 and the trunked talkgroup just got a generic alert noise.

MonitoringDelCo

Premium Subscriber
To me it appears that the same tone sequence is being sent out on 154.190 as the P25 system. Attached is a audio sample from the P25 system.

Attachments

• 20190216_094647.zip
    36.8 KB · Views: 13

ibagli

Those aren't paging tones in the file. It's just an attention-getting tone that precedes a dispatch. Even if you're able to get the G5 to recognize it, it's the same for all departments.

MonitoringDelCo

Premium Subscriber
Since these are the same tones going out over 154.190, is DelCo most likely using some other type of alerting system? Someone mentioned that they may be using Silent Alerting, however; I am not familiar with it.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Since these are the same tones going out over 154.190, is DelCo most likely using some other type of alerting system? Someone mentioned that they may be using Silent Alerting, however; I am not familiar with it.

To the best of my knowledge 154.190 is the primary alerting method for most or all departments, which is why it still exists; Delaware County is still primarily volunteer departments. The southern tier and Delaware City are the only full-time departments along with DelCo EMS.

owenbricker

I think Delaware City and Delco EMS use an IP based alert system like Columbus fire. which is simulcast with the dispatch TG and 154.190. just the alert beep is heard. Also hear north departments paged on 155.940 have to check the station numbers on that.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I think Delaware City and Delco EMS use an IP based alert system like Columbus fire. which is simulcast with the dispatch TG and 154.190. just the alert beep is heard. Also hear north departments paged on 155.940 have to check the station numbers on that.

Database shows 155.940 as Fire Tac 4 and deprecated, so if you can confirm paging use (I suspect they're still using 136.5 PL) please submit to the database so we can make the proper updates.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.