Quirk with BC 780 XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAPTLPOL1

Well I have been using my BC 780 XLT and the darn thing seems to have a bug. It acts like the -2 second delay is activated when it is set to 2 second delay one specific frequency. It only seems to act up on 460.0625. Any agency around me just switched to that frequency and it is annoying to say the least. I have tried changing the delay settings and putting the frequency on different channels with the same results. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

a29zuk

CAPTLPOL1 said:
Well I have been using my BC 780 XLT and the darn thing seems to have a bug. It acts like the -2 second delay is activated when it is set to 2 second delay one specific frequency. It only seems to act up on 460.0625. Any agency around me just switched to that frequency and it is annoying to say the least. I have tried changing the delay settings and putting the frequency on different channels with the same results. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

If your DATA SKIP is on turn it off. If an agency runs voice and data at the same time the scanner will drop off that frequency and start scanning again. Good Luck!

n4yek

What a29zuk stated would be what I would look at, that sounds like what it is doing.
See page 29 in the manual, it states the scanner will do what you are describing.

CAPTLPOL1

Well that did it. It was the data skip. The funny thing is that I never hear any data burst or was aware that they had any type of data on transmissions. They don't use MDC or DTMF or anything. What would the scanner preceive as data? Thanks for pointing out the data skip feature. I completely overlooked that one.

a29zuk

CAPTLPOL1 said:
Well that did it. It was the data skip. The funny thing is that I never hear any data burst or was aware that they had any type of data on transmissions. They don't use MDC or DTMF or anything. What would the scanner preceive as data? Thanks for pointing out the data skip feature. I completely overlooked that one.

I'm guessing maybe there is a data burst at the very start of the transmission since it dropped off only after 2 seconds. I had the same problem on my 780 but I could hear the data beeps at the start of the transmission. Mine would drop out after about 5 or 6 seconds. But when you stated that a new frequency was being used in your area, it kind of tipped me off, that the "data skip" might be your problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.