R390 Speaker Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ645

Premium Subscriber
I just picked up an R390 and was wondering if someone could tell me how to hook up speakers to this receiver. I know that there are screws in the back to connect speakers, anyone have any advice on what to use for decent sound. This is just a second receiver that I will use mainly for a novelty item, not my main receiver.

prcguy

The speaker out is 600 ohms or so and will not work very well with a 4 or 8 ohm speaker but you can find matching transformers to 4 ohms in an old military LS-454 speaker.

I have not tried this but 25V and 70V line transformers for PA systems should work. A 25V line transformer 1W tap is close to 600 ohms and a 10W tap on a 70V line transformer should be around 500 ohms. Or use an amplified speaker or headphones from the front panel jack.
prcguy

I just picked up an R390 and was wondering if someone could tell me how to hook up speakers to this receiver. I know that there are screws in the back to connect speakers, anyone have any advice on what to use for decent sound. This is just a second receiver that I will use mainly for a novelty item, not my main receiver.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.