• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Race Car Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4CYA

Is anyone here a race car of some sort of racing? Im a fan of Nascar,Busch & The World Of Outlaws Sprint Car Racing. For Nascar & Busch, it will be the D/E/I Team for the World Of Outlaws, it will have to be Steve Kinser & Sammy Swindell. I been a fan of racing since I was real young watching the big show on t/v or watching them at the track. My late grand mother got to meet the king Richard Petty at Daytona International Speedway and my dad got to meet the late Dale Earnhardt Sr also at Daytona International Speedway. For the racing jackets I have a offical pit crew jacket of Dale Earnhardt Jr racing team only during when its cold outside and other than that I keep it wrapped up in a plastic protection that keeps the jacket protected.

Let's hear you guys & ladies story about your race car experiences! I/d love to hear'em

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We have an empty NASCAR orphaned page (means it doesn't link to anything else) which could stand some populating on the Wiki (hint, hint) 73s Mike

Woodstock

I'm somewhat of a race fan. In Nascar I like the Petty teams and once I got to meet Richard Petty and get an autograph. I also like watching Indy and F1 races occasionally. In my opinion though, nothing beats a good dirt track race.

jim293

I was a pretty big fan of Nascar. I am a bit bored by them anymore. They go round and round and to me it gets boring. I like the road course races where they have to think a little bit. I used to work Emergency when the races were out here in California. I used to work on a tow truck which was alot of fun and also had the best seat in the house. Maybe sometimes to good. Those cars come by really fast and they come pretty close to hitting you while you are out on the track.I guess I do not like the constant rules changing. And I think the fines they hand down are crazy. Then of course there are the cry babys (TONY STEWART). I have met most of those guys and as far as the old class of drivers Bill Elliot the late Dale Earnhardt, Mark Martin and Rusty Wallace. That is when I enjoyed Nascar. All these new kids driving are pretty good but they just do not keep my interest. I still go to the races as a spectator every once in awhile but like I said I do get bored. I have been following the NHRA drag races more. But I still love any thing on wheels and as long as it goes fast and is loud it is all good by me.

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
I used to race a TF F/E Dragster and several different pro street cars but anymore I am just a spectator. After going from the thrill of the dragster to the pro street cars I started to get bored. Now a days I pretty much stick to watching and attending nascar races.

edweirdFL

Premium Subscriber
I was a regular NASCAR fan back in the 80's. Seems like while folks had a favorite driver, there was a lot of manufacturer loyalty among fans. Now a days it seems like the driver personality and sponsor identity has become the thing that most fans attach to. The amount of driver/team clothing you'd see worn at the track by fans in the past was minimal compared to today. Also the number of fans at the track and watching on TV now versus then is amazing.

I guess now a days the thing about NASCAR that really amazes me is the way it's grown into the #1 racing series in the US, and pretty much any other racing organizations fall way behind in pretty much every catagory.

I'll still say that the most fun I had a race was at the IMSA races I attended, and not the NASCAR races.

Ed

red8

Hey Git-R-Done
I live and Breath for the No. 3 and No.8 of DEI It dosen't look too good for June bug at Bristol so far he is 19th on the provisional grid
right now which means he is on the back pit row. Hopefully he will
improve for tomorrow night

N4CYA

red8 said:
Hey Git-R-Done
I live and Breath for the No. 3 and No.8 of DEI It dosen't look too good for June bug at Bristol so far he is 19th on the provisional grid
Hopefully he does something right for his team with all excellent work from the racing team and accourse Dale Jr. Maybe he will do this majic and get in the front for awhile at bristol

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
red8 said:
Hey Git-R-Done
The back pits are no longer the disadvantage that they used to be. Everyone now has to enter and exit at the same place under caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.