Radio Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOK5CY

I'm having a hard time looking up the frequencies for Oil Field Pipe & Supply in Dewey , Ok ...I'm currently working there and 2 co-workers carry radio's and they have a base set up and i've seen the antenna it's very short . I've ran the address and company name with the FCC and came up with nothing . I'm thinking there using 800 but not sure . Far as i can tell the antenna is Omni type and might be 6inch tall .

The radio my co-worker has an attached boom-mic and i think there made by kenwood

nd5y

The name on the FCC license may be the company owner (an individual) or the parent company.
They may not have their own license. They may be operating under a service provider's license.
They may have had a license at one time and it expired.
They may be bootleggers operating illegally with no license.

Last edited:

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Probably not 800, we have radios were I work at like that with 6 inch antenna and they are not 800's if you have a portable scanner with Close Call or Signal Stalker you could set in your car Before or After work and try to figure it out. They are probalby using a service provider.

KOK5CY

Oil Field Pipe & Supply Radio's

From what i seen on the bosses desk . The radio is Kenwood with what it look's like a VHF antenna .

If all else fails just ask the boss, tell him you have an interest in radios maybe ask how his radio system is performing. A little "social engineering" never hurts.

KOK5CY

Well i've ran the address through the FCC and even tried with my bosses name and nothing . some else can try the address 14861 N. 3980 Rd Dewey,Ok 74029

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
I would suggest talking to someone. I tried doing a proximity search to Dewey, and there are no licenses based on Rd N3980 at the location of this business. I would guess that if they are licensed at all, it may be based at their corporate headquarters, which is in Shrewsville, MO, according to the footer on their website. I would say there are too many variables for a good search, unless you can get more specific corporate information.

They may very well be operating unlicensed, either on bootleg frequencies, or on MURS or itinerant business freqs. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.