Radio North (Grand Traverse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
Ever since I got my first scanner, Radio North (A communications system based out of Traverse City that claims to be trunked but doesn't really show any evidence as being such) has been programmed into the scanner. After monitoring it for a few years, I've heard conversations from a Lumber Company, a Propane Company, two bus companies, and, every so often, what appears to be plow trucks. However, every couple of minutes or after a communication on a few of the frequencies, i've noticed data being broadcast through the channel. I posted a video on YouTube some while ago (Click here to hear it), and it was thought to be a data burst (read the comments). Since then, however, i've heard it hundereds of time, and it is different every time. It almost sounds like FSK used by Federal Signal Corporation to control Early Warning Sirens (heard extremely faintly in THIS video), but have not been able to trace it.

If possible, i'd like some identification on what this is, and to figure out where it's coming from and what it's used for.

Thanks for any help,

NVanW27

Status
Not open for further replies.