SDS100/SDS200: Radio not shutting off

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I had a client call today with an SDS100 that was working fine until today when he could not shut it off. He had 1.09.00 firmware and then updated to the new firmware version that UPMan announced today but that did not help his issue.

He tried cycling the power button, that didn't help. Eventually he removed the battery but when he replaced the battery the radio came on by itself and again would not shut off.

There apparently were some other notes about this in older posts (since locked due to time passage) and one was reportedly repaired by a firmware update.

I have suggested that he try a different SD Card in case his is corrupted but does anyone else have any other ideas?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I had a client call today with an SDS100 that was working fine until today when he could not shut it off. He had 1.09.00 firmware and then updated to the new firmware version that UPMan announced today but that did not help his issue.

He tried cycling the power button, that didn't help. Eventually he removed the battery but when he replaced the battery the radio came on by itself and again would not shut off.

There apparently were some other notes about this in older posts (since locked due to time passage) and one was reportedly repaired by a firmware update.

I have suggested that he try a different SD Card in case his is corrupted but does anyone else have any other ideas?

Anything change when he plugs it into the computer? Mass Storage Mode etc?

N9JIG

Sheriff
He was able to get it into Mass Storage Mode eventually to do the firmware update.

If it matters, it was doing this on the older 1.09.00 firmware this morning and continued under the new 1.10.00.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I think your sd card suggestion is right on the money, Rich. When weird stuff like this happens, I've seen a lot of sd card formats (or new card) have corrected the problem. A corrupt sd card can give off some funky symptoms. My R8600 was just powering off on its own every time I tried to scan Group Memory. Working with Icom tech via phone and after several scenarios were explored, he said well when all else fails, there's the sd card. That was it.

JD
kf4anc

Status
Not open for further replies.