• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Radio Phone Communications Cranston? What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sempai

System Name: Radio Phone Communications (Cranston)
County: Providence
System Type: LTR Standard
System Voice: Analog
Last Updated: Changed Site-001
Hits: 354

What is this for? I'm going to bring my scanner into the office and grab a Spanish-speaker, the only voices I hear in these channels are in Spanish.

EricCottrell

Database Admin
Hello,

It is a trunked radio system for business. You may be listening to a cleaning company, plumber, contractor, or any business that needs radio communications. LTR is a popular system for business.

73 Eric

sempai

EricCottrell said:
Hello,

It is a trunked radio system for business. You may be listening to a cleaning company, plumber, contractor, or any business that needs radio communications. LTR is a popular system for business.

73 Eric
ah-ha.

co-worker has informed me that my mystery signal is a cab company, which is apparently staffed only by Spanish-speaking drivers.

scannerpro

Premium Subscriber
Yeah RI Is headed into the Ditigtal and Trunking System. The Portsmouth Fire Department I Just found out just changed over last week offically. Motorola had to come back cause it was not working. But it is working 100% right know. I just hate it cause I do not have the $$ to listen too them. I heard they swiched over from a partner in town at electronics store in MA. Have a good time scanning as always! n1ck

Status
Not open for further replies.