Radio Repair Shop Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

1hank1

I've got a Kenwood amateur radio that I think I fried. I dug out a 12v power supply I had stashed away, hooked everything up, and poof. Turns out the 12v supply was turning out 24v somehow. The detachable face place still powers on, but the radio does not, so it's something inside the radio.

Anyone know of this can possibly be fixed? And if so, who can do it? Located in Harrisonburg, VA, area.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Kenwood no longer does repairs in house. They use FTH Group now : Welcome to FTH Group Inc.

They are pretty decent. Fixed a rig I had under warranty very quicky and allows for online RMA status checking.

kc4jgc

I was going to say Audio Video Service Lab AKA Kenwood East Service Center here in Virginia Beach but I see the business closed last year......
Had it been THAT LONG since I'd been in that shopping center? Wow....

kc4jgc

Do you know anything about these guys? http://brcommunication.net/index.html . I think they are located at Garber's Church Rd & Grace Chapel, south of the John Wayland Walmart.
That's worth a shot, Hank. It would sure beat sending your rig to California! This was why I started buying Kenwood. Knowing the Service center was just a few miles away from me it was great that I all had to do was to hop in my car and drop it off. I'd get a call a few days later and pick it up. Sending something off for repairs makes me nervous as hell. Let us know what you find out!

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I purchased a Kenwood handheld for the fire service about 20 years ago from there. I think the same people are still there, but I really don't know much about them. I just bought a Kenwood TK-7360 for a "private" FD channel, off eBay. I just received it Tuesday, but haven't had a chance to install it.

Interesting to know they are just a few minutes away from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.