Radio Scanner Lunch Bag Case – March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

Over the years while involved in the radio scanning / amateur radio / ultralight DXing hobbies I have used a number of different bags and cases for carrying my assorted radios and associated bits and pieces. Some of these bags and cases have worked very well, others have not for various reasons.

I have again returned to my love of portable operation, this has meant finding a suitable carry case or bag for my radios to undertaken these activities in parks and other locations.

Based on my experience in the past, I ruled out using a “hard” case due to the unwanted attention they can bring plus size and cost. Soft camera bags like I have used in the past do not offer a suitable level of protection and can also make you stand out as a photographer who might be carrying expensive equipment. With this in mind I have recently been on the lookout for ideas to make a suitable carrying system that is “low profile”.

Recently I was looking at Kmart when I came across this lunch bag, it seemed to be a good size to fit a scanner or two and the other bits and pieces that I like to carry. I also found a suitable plastic case, this was a perfect fit and would help provide a better level of protection for my radio. I have added some foam to the lid of the case and bubble wrap to the bottom. The top section stores all my bits and pieces, the bottom section fits my Uniden UBC126AT and aerial, plus it also has enough room for another radio.

Over all for less than $18 and an hour of my time I have a very low-profile bag which provides a good level of protection and blends in, looking like nothing more than a lunch bag.

Photos: Launceston Analytical Radio Scanning: Radio Scanner Lunch Bag Case – March 2019

pb_lonny

Thanks all for the feedback, I think this is one of my best ones...

Paul, the white and black items, are they USB batteries to run the scanner?
Nice case by the way.(y)

Larry

Thanks, one has ear phones and the other has 2 x AA batteries.

spongella

Premium Subscriber
That Launceston website is very interesting, gives you an idea of what's up down under as far as scanning's concerned, thanks for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.