radio-shack 137 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello without using software i would like to delete the names of all the race groups for the pro-137 scanner. i have deleted all frequencies for each group, just cannot find a way to delete each name so i can rename with my own name, any help on this i do not have software, thanks for any help

Izod

I think this is what you mean if not here's a link to the manual. http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/2000137_PM_EN.pdf

I'm pretty sure you just have to overwrite the TAG, not completely delete it.

Editing a Tag

To input a tag:
• Press the number/letter buttons multiple
times until the desired letter appears.
• Rotate the knob clockwise to move the
cursor to the left, counterclockwise to move
to the right.

Hope this helps

frank125

izod thanks for youre reply but thats not it. when i press menu the load or store race comes up then you press which race group you want nascar arca indy etc. what i want to do is change the names of these race groups i cant seem to find how to do this. thanks

WA1ATA

If I recall correctly, the tag is automatically changed to match the bank name when you store.

You can test that out quickly by changing the name of Bank 1 and then storing it into one of the races that you have deleted. You didn't need to delete them by the way .... just storing your new data into the prestored banks would clear them out.

nanZor

WA1ATA's got it - all you have to worry about is when programming active bank 0, is to remember to edit/change the bank 0 alpha tag first. THEN go ahead and store bank 0 into any of the A/B/C/D/E/F race banks. When you do, it will overwrite the default race name that is in there with the alpha tag you programmed manually for bank 0.

There is no way to totally delete the race banks alpha tags. You've got to have some sort of name, even just a period if it bugs you. :) If you try to leave bank 0's alpha tag blank, it will get automatically changed to a generic ""CH Bank 0". I'd just program bank 0 and its own tag

Menu > Pgm Ch Bank > 0 > Edit Tag > "AA Fuelers" or whatever...

then program in all the frequencies for the race into bank 0, and then save it into A-F:

Menu > Preset Race > Store Race > and now anything A-F. The 137 will overwrite what is in A-F including your own alpha tag that you assigned to bank 0.

Multiple custom races might require reprogramming bank 0 (and bank 1 if it is large enough) a few times as you store them into the A-F race banks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.