radio shack pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry4448

i have this new handheld and just purchased a cable and disc and i have no idea what to do with it. the sales people at my local radio shack was not any help at all. can someone tell me where to call or what to do to program this unit. thanks

Mom25

You need to load the disc into your pc to use the cable. Plug the cable into your scanner & the USB port. Follow the directions on the screen from the disc. Then you can connect to RR to upload your freq. The disc is only used for programming your scanner from your PC with the cable. The cable plugs into the right side of your scanner into the PC/IF.

Coverted

Premium Subscriber
i have this new handheld and just purchased a cable and disc and i have no idea what to do with it. the sales people at my local radio shack was not any help at all. can someone tell me where to call or what to do to program this unit. thanks

Go to this site GRE GRECOM RadioShack PRO-106 PRO106 PRO-197 PRO197 PSR-500 PSR-600 PRO-106 PRO106 PRO-197 PRO197 PSR500 PSR600 Software and download the software free for 30 days. Then get a premium subscription to Radio Reference so you can download the frequencies for your area into the ARC500 Programming software. Then when your done that press the upload button and like magic you will have your Pro 106 running like o budgie you cant shut up. Unless of course you turn off the power knob. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.