• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Radio Shack Pro 23 Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckinscan

I have a Radio Shack Pro 23 Programming scanner VHF HI/Air/UHF/800 scanner

it is about 10-15 years old and i have started lose my volume on my scanner it will play for along time and then all the once it will lose the volume i have to Turn it off and back on to get volume back or hit the side of the scanner with my hand. then it come back on.

I was just wondering if any body else might have some suggestion if this happen to any other scanner.

KC5EIB

Premium Subscriber
Could be a problem with the audio amp. Newer, non-trunking scanners can be purchased for less that the cost of repairing the Pro-23 if the parts are even available.

Status
Not open for further replies.