Radio Shack PRO 652 Safe-T P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdgatliff

Premium Subscriber
A few months ago my scanner stopped picking up my county police. It worked perfectly for quite a while. I live in Owen county IN. I used the ARC 500 Bu -tel software and uploaded the databases from radio reference. This is how I programmed it when I first bought it. Now I have factory reset the radio, updated firmware and reprogrammed it fresh database but I am still unable to hear my county.

I do hear all the surrounding counties, ISP, and DNR.

I uploaded both p25 and 800 mhz talkgroups. 851.987500 with TG 53168 is where I used to hear all my local dispatch.

Looking for any help I believe my radio is compatible with re banding if that is what has happened.

Thanks Joe

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
The state is in the process of switching over from the old radio system( Motorola 800 MHz type II) to a new one (Motorola P25). This is being done in phases throughout the state. The Owen county area seems to be one that is kind of between the two systems. I'm not familiar with the scanner you have, but you'll need to program 2 completely separate systems to have the best chance of hearing the county.

Additionally, the database shows that the county has a VHF-nxdn frequency for dispatch. They may have moved over to it until the other sites in the area get upgraded. If that's the case your out of luck until they go back to SafeT.

On last thing, if you check out the link below, about halfway down the page is a discussion on the changes to SafeT and the sites in your area.

http://forums.radioreference.com/indiana-radio-discussion-forum/256209-hoosier-safe-t-thread-34.html

Jeff.

jdgatliff

Premium Subscriber
Update

I decided just to wait and see since they were in the process of switching. Owen county has come back online and I'm also hearing Putnam county as well.

I think they were using old frequencies while switching. Freq 159.090 would have a lot of feedback but I believe it is encrypted so I couldn't hear any activity just static.

Status
Not open for further replies.