Radio Shack Pro 94 handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknollhoff

how do you program txwarnp25 codes into a Pro 94? I did just like the manual said, and nothing.
after programing all the 800 #s I hit trunk and search, and nothing.

Confused, where should I go to get the right info?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
how do you program txwarnp25 codes into a Pro 94? I did just like the manual said, and nothing.
after programing all the 800 #s I hit trunk and search, and nothing.

Confused, where should I go to get the right info?
You won't be able to monitor the TxWARN P25 system with a Pro-94. That system is digital only, and the Pro-94 is an analog only scanner.

You can, as it appears you've found out, monitor the analog TxWarn system, though, with the Pro-94.

To monitor the P25 system, you'll need a digital trunk tracking scanner.
Something like the Pro-106 (on sale for $299.99, but sale ends today, however, they seem to be running a sale every month or so), the GRE PSR-500 (same scanner as the Pro-106, just different front panel layout; GRE makes the 106 for Radio Shack); or Uniden BCD396XT. (The discontinued, but still available 396T would also work.) All of these can sometimes be found in the classifieds here, or on eBay, among other places. There are also base/mobile versions of the above handheld (portable) scanners above. See digital trunktrackers in the Wiki for more choices. What you need is a scanner that can handle the system type "P25 Standard. For each scanner, the systems it will work on is listed under the category "RR System Compatibility".

GRE's PSR-800 or Uniden's Home Patrol (HP-1) would also work. Those are both scanners where you enter your location, and the programming is pulled from the RadioReference database, which is stored on a memory card in the radio itself.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
how do you program txwarnp25 codes into a Pro 94?
As hiegtx says, a Pro-94 is not capable of monitoring the TxWARN P25 system.

...GRE's PSR-800 or Uniden's Home Patrol (HP-1) would also work. Those are both scanners where you enter your location, and the programming is pulled from the RadioReference database, which is stored on a memory card in the radio itself.
Just to be clear, the PSR-800 is not a location based scanner, you must specify the systems, channels, etc. you want to monitor; although it does have the RR DB on the card as you said.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just to be clear, the PSR-800 is not a location based scanner, you must specify the systems, channels, etc. you want to monitor; although it does have the RR DB on the card as you said.
Thanks for clarifying that Lou.

I went to the product intro for the HP-1 last year, so I knew how you picked your systems for it. But did not know, for sure, how that was accomplished with the PSR-800, other than it had the database, & there was some way you could get your local systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.