Radio Shack Pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchjr

I have a Radio Shack Pro 96 that is not working. Anyone have any recommendations as to where in Phx I can take it to get repaired? Prefer not to send out to get fixed.

Thanks,

Rchjr

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
rchjr - I do not recommend fixing a Pro 96 as its Hardware Limited to only onboard programming and its likely a repair might cost more than a WS 1080/1088 scanner NEW.
the Pro 96 is also no longer Supported and you cant add a computer. the Pro-688/ WS 1088 is a better scanner, it has a SD card with the Entire USA/Canada database on it. and you can update with a Windows computer. Programing by PC is much easier and faster than by hand, Bonus, you also get FREE Lifetime updates for the Database and more.
I'm not sure where in AZ you can repair a Scanner, perhaps try HRO ? Ham Radio Outlet.

rchjr

I use pro 96 software to program it. When I turn it on it seems as if the squelch min max knob is not working properly. I have had this for a long time and this is the only time it has acted up. Other times I turn it on and it seems as if it works ok. Kind of a intermittent thing.

Weird.......thanks for the responses.

Rchjr

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I use pro 96 software to program it. When I turn it on it seems as if the squelch min max knob is not working properly. I have had this for a long time and this is the only time it has acted up. Other times I turn it on and it seems as if it works ok. Kind of a intermittent thing.

Weird.......thanks for the responses.

Rchjr

I'm assuming you're monitoring analog systems, as digital does not use the squelch control?

Did you try a little squirt of electronic contact cleaner in the potentiometer? Do not attempt this if you're not comfortable taking things apart and putting them back together. Or get an experienced friend to help.

31833d1300827727-pro-106-scratchy-volume-control-solved-pro106vol.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.