radio Suggestion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Welcome to the RadioReference forums. Please be aware that by posting to the correct forum you allow your question or request to get better visibility or an answer. I've moved your post from the General Scanning forum to this one. At the top of various forums, like GenScan, are Stickied posts which help you by giving suggestions where to post (see image below). Please make note next time. Thanks.

Attachments

• NewUsers.jpg
    NewUsers.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 234

Andrew33453

can someone suggest a portable radio for listening to police/fire in Utica, NY
and how difficult would it be to program?

Scanner Frequencies: JPJ Communications / Utica Public Safety Trunking System, Utica, New York

(for news media use)

Thanks.

Im not sure how long you have lived in NY it is illegal how ever to carry devices in your vehicle like a scanner that can pick up police frequencies and what have you. As far as a Radio goes i can suggest the 2 dealers in my area one which my Fire department uses and one that the department next to us uses.
You've got
Pittsfield Communication
Cobleskill, NY 12043
Phone:800-728-2645

OR you have got River Valley Radio in Westerlo NY 800-279-6250

as far as either of those places selling you an actual radio im not sure they may request you have written documentation stating your allowed to have those frequencies programmed im not sure though it all comes down to there policies.

Or you can go to your local radio shack and ask them to help you get a scanner that would fit the 800 Mhz band with

c0untyb0y

JPJ can probably help you out. One of their techs programs scanner radios on the side, for a nominal fee I believe. He'll probably even suggest which radio for you to buy.

JPJ is cool... they play their scanner feed while you're on hold when calling the shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.