Radio Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing some type of radio testing on what is being referred to as "the net' on 453.2000 PL 127.3. I have that frequency listed as CHP OCAPS Metro. I did a search while they were talking and did not hear any transmissions on any other frequencies but they said CHP, CalTrans, Capitol Comm, FBI, ATF and State Parks were on "the net". Units were IDing as Air-21, RV?-2, CHP Central, Cap Metro, FBI ET?-1, 81-103, and Capitol Comm. The person IDing as RV?-2 said they were going through radio and satellite. Said they would be doing more testing tomorrow at 10:00 hours.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing a lot of radio testing this morning. Woodland PD doing a comm link test with someone who I could not hear and Placer Sheriff doing testing on the Roseville TRS. Must be test your radio week :)

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
All and all this sounded like it was a good test. They had LAPD, CalTrans, FBI Sacramento, Sac Metro CHP, Baldwin Park CHP, LA CHP Comm Center, Capitol CHP Comm Center and DWR. I was able to hear all units loud and clear on 453.2000 from Downtown Sacramento. It sounds like they will be doing another test sometime this afternoon.

Norman

I also heard the test this am. It's RRV2, Rapid Response Vehicle #2. Sounded like the same participants as before.
Norm.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Anyone from any other areas (S. Cal maybe) hear this? Any other frequencies?

Sounds like the RRV is at the CHP Central office, I may try to see if I can find it and see if they will let me shoot the test this afternoon.

Last edited:

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Today I am getting traffic on 453.2000 (CHP OCAPS Metro) and 42.3400 (CHP Blue) from Downtown Sacramento

karldotcom

I have tried tuning in....last year I received some of the testing, but my office isnt condusive to those bands I am afraid...too many computers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.