• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radioddity gd-77 DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

So working on setting up a DMR radio for my dad and i have been around the block many years of the analog ham radio stuff since i was a kid. However i recently got the above named radio and programmed it to how it should be and all i get is a "connect fail" with multiple repeaters. When i research the repeaters on the site the grid shows im well within range of the actual repeater. Any ideas? Thanks!

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
I'm not familiar with the GD-77, but all DMR radios are programmed in a similar manner. At a minimum, the frequencies (both TX and RX), color code, time slot and talkgroup must be correct. In addition, there are various other digital settings which could prevent the rig from transmitting.

If you believe that your programming is correct, it is possible that you might not be close enough to the repeater(s). It might be worth a short trip to the immediate area of a repeater to see if the radio works there.

If you're not confident in your programming, there are lots of DMR-related web sites and youtube videos to get you up to speed. DMR is quite different from analog!

jdifabio

Premium Subscriber
GD 77

Hello, I just got ,my first DMR radio a few days ago, the GD 77. The Radioddity facebook page has a large amount of information. I did not experience your particular error, but I had enough of my own, Research, Research and more BUT its a lot of fun. Good luck Joe

KD2LZS

Hi All,

I am having the same problem, I have followed all the instructions to programming the GD-77. Watched several tutorials to make sure I was doing the right thing. Yet whenever I try to transmit, I receive "Connect Fail". Any thoughts? Confirmed all the TS, Freq., Color Codes are correct. Thanks.

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
I don't personally own one, but I heard that the GD77 HAS to have the rx groups filled in for each channel/talkgroup to work properly.
Try that

crash1

I have this radio check to see in the software if you have received only checked I do believe that it does say failure if it's in receive mode only

AJ6BL

I am also having this same problem on my local repeater. The only way I have found to workaround this is to set both the tx and rx frequencies to the same freq. This seems to allow it to transmit although on the wrong tx freq. Anytime I make an offset (even if I switch the tx and rx freqs the wrong way) it gives me the "connect fail" error. Ive confirmed my codeplug is setup properly and have even reached out to the repeater admins who've confirmed this. It seems to be related to the radio. Any suggestions?

usswood

I am also having this same problem on my local repeater. The only way I have found to workaround this is to set both the tx and rx frequencies to the same freq. This seems to allow it to transmit although on the wrong tx freq. Anytime I make an offset (even if I switch the tx and rx freqs the wrong way) it gives me the "connect fail" error. Ive confirmed my codeplug is setup properly and have even reached out to the repeater admins who've confirmed this. It seems to be related to the radio. Any suggestions?

A screen shot of your programming software would go along way

AJ6BL

Found a Fix!

Let me start by saying this is a very dangerous fix and can possibly brick your radio. If you are uncomfortable proceeding I would suggest waiting for another firmware to come out which will (hopefully) address this problem. None the less I found a fix for this issue. From what I've read "Memory and / or factory resetting the GD-77 can corrupt information in the RF alignment data block at address 8F000 onward". Also from what I read, this only affects GD-77s with firmware later than 2.6.6. The link below will walk you through the fix (about 3/4 down the page). You will be doing a very low level fix and editing the radio's source code with a HEX editor. Its actually not as scary as it sounds as long as you follow the directions exactly. (measure twice cut once...) That said, I will repeat, you can possibly brick your radio, so be very careful making this change. Good luck!

Radioddity GD-77 Alignment / tuning / modifications (mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.