• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radioddity Radioddity GD-77

Status
Not open for further replies.

IW2BSF

??? see the video....... the radio DG-77 is real.... dualbander dmr tier-2 at only 87 dollars .... ok ?

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
In other words, the DG-77 Dual band DMR portable radio "appears" to be a real upcoming product from Radioddity that is not for sale yet. Like most people, I will reserve judgement until it is actually for sale and it's operation has been reviewed by several people.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
THIS^^^

Especially given Radioddity's previous radio release fiascos...

IW2BSF

we attend a collehue that buy new DG-77 and....test it if work real on dmr repeaters (REAL tier-2 ) ?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Dual band DMR

On another forum, Jerry at Connect Systems announced the strong possibility that he will introduce an improved version of the Anytone AT-D868UV UHF and VHF DMR radio. While not perfect, he has produced results that are reasonably priced, work as expected, good quality, and supported. I will wait and see what he offers before trusting Tytera or Radioddity.

N4KVE

On another forum, Jerry at Connect Systems announced the strong possibility that he will introduce an improved version of the Anytone AT-D868UV UHF and VHF DMR radio. While not perfect, he has produced results that are reasonably priced, work as expected, good quality, and supported. I will wait and see what he offers before trusting Tytera or Radioddity.
Hopefully this is the solution for affordable, reliable DMR radios.

baltimorecs

One thing the website says is that changing DMR to Analog requires software and a computer. I wonder if this means to input different digital and analog freqs or if the whole radio is locked digital or analog one mode at a time.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The description mentions a "Point to Point repeater function". I wonder if that is a single-frequency repeater where the input and output are on the same frequency, but on opposite timeslots so that no duplexer or special filtering is needed because the radio is not ever transmitting and receiving at the same time.

k9adl

Premium Subscriber
GD-77 CPS bug

I got one of these today. Noticed a looming bug in the CPS software. I setup a test FM repeater pair using PL tones both TX and RX. I saved the file after writing to the radio. Tested the radio, could not key the FM repeater (it's line of sight from me).

Opened the codeplug in CPS and noticed it borked the CTCSS values. Says RX CTCSS is 17.7 and TX CTCSS is None.

Anyone else seeing this?

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
What version is your software? I have v1.1.2 and it seems to keep the PL tone I've selected. I'll find out tomorrow when I get the new radio whether that will survive being loaded into the radio! :wink:

freeswitch

Premium Subscriber
FYI - VPS Version 1.1.4 is out via Facegroup Page (not yet posted on-line). Testing it now.

If someone could post on facebook for me:

Ability to sort up/down Contacts, RX Groups, Zones, Channels, and Scan Groups. Helps me order items for the CODE PLUG.

Status
Not open for further replies.