• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radioddity RD-5R or Baofeng 2018 V3 DM-5R Receiving above 470 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Under General Settings, I have:

Repeater STE = 5
Repeater end Delay = 2

For channels with CTCSS, I have STE set at:

120 or 240 for Motorola systems
180 for all others

For CSQ, I have Non STE set to freq, but it doesn't seem to help much.

I don't seem to have much problems with DCS. It defaults to frequency, anyway.

Like I said, I'm still tinkering, but it is getting better.

mitaux8030

Silent Key
To answer the original question: will the RD-5R work above 470 and up to 512 MHz?
Yes it will, all the way up to 520 MHz, quite well actually. At least it does on my early production RD-5R.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
To answer the original question: will the RD-5R work above 470 and up to 512 MHz?
Yes it will, all the way up to 520 MHz, quite well actually. At least it does on my early production RD-5R.

Does one need to pop up the lower end on UHF to match the upper 520 MHz, as most radios do the split on that? 400 to 470, 450 to 520?

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
I have mine set to 400 - 520MHz

I don't listen to anything below 450, so I can't tell you how the reception is, but 500 - 512 MHz is better than my scanners.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
I only have that on Ham and Rail freqs.... If you do find a solution do share as that is the only real issue I have, as well as many others have with this radio.. That old school kick your ear off squelch tail.

I just installed the new v2.1.6 firmware and from what I can tell, the squelch tail is almost completely gone. I've only been listening for the past 1/2 hour, so I'm going to keep listening.

https://rd-5r.s3.amazonaws.com/RD-5R Firmware V2.1.6 & Program Software V1.0.0.4.zip

Take Care,

Rich

Gadgetmall

Is it possible to program, even if for receive only, frequencies between 470 & 512 MHz. I've looked at the CPS and it appears so, but I was wondering if someone could please try it on an actual radio. That's the only thing holding me back from purchasing one.

I've also contacted all of the eBay sellers and they don't have a clue. One tells me to use CHIRP, which I know is not possible. The rest can't even tell me where to get the CPS.

I believe that both radios are the same.

Thanks,

Rich
Not sure on those radios but the Uv-5r V2+ and some UV-5rs do recieve and transmit on modified frequencies. I have 3 uv5r radios and all of them can recieve vhf as low as 122-mzh and transmit as low as 127mzh. The high range on vhf recieve is 178.997. Transmit 178.000. Also it's a dual band radio and the uhf low is 382.000 it Also transmits on 382.00 the high recieveand transmitter is 566.9975mzh. The only thing stopping frequencies lower and higher is the antenna wavelength needs to match lower and higher frequencies. I have one older uv5r it tunes recieve down to 110.000to180.000 recieve and 300 to 600 uhf recieve with the antenna length matched to its oscillator.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Hi everyone. I just bought a DM-5R V3 2018. I can't figure out how to get a repeater I programmed in vfo A to save in memory as a channel manually. The version 2 of the radio has a menu 23 which is channel memory but not the 2018 version. Any suggestions? Thanks. 73 Richard W4MCD

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
It's probably best not to think of the DM-5R v3 as a DM-5R. The v3 radio is the same as a Radioddity RD-5R or GD-77.

I don't use my radios for transmitting, so I can't help you with the repeater portion, but there are a few links above in this post that might help, or at least give you a starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.