• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

RadioReference.com Launches a Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
On 5/19/2008 RadioReference.com launched the "RadioReference Blog" - expect to see great blog posts, product reviews, musings about the industry in general, and technology/Web development topics.

Our first blog post was about Dayton 2008 - Stop by and take a look!

http://radioreference.blogspot.com

mikey60

Premium Subscriber
You pretty much nailed the description of the Dayton Hamvention. You see all kinds there, and hopefully Hara arena survived the weekend.

Mike

bezking

Database Admin
Hey Lindsay just an FYI that the Blog link does not show up in the header in the Forums.

N8DV

I did hear that DARA maybe letting it's contract run out in two years and looking for another home. Hara Arena is tired and needs a major update/improvement. It's the Hamvention that keeps the arena going. There is an arena nearby in Vandalia, Ohio called the Air Expo center that maybe a consideration. The Hamvention may just evolve back to it's roots in a hotel in downtown Dayton!

SEMTTP

I would like to see them repaint the arena and make some improvements. I did talk with a couple vendors at my hotel this year and I brought up the fact that the hamvention could be moving away from Hara. They said that has been a rumor for about 20 years now. Everything works just fine where its at now. Gas prices I believe played a huge roll in why there were not as many people this year, but there was stil a LOT of people there.

K9GTJ

Nice but I cannot imagine nobody had not already hijack radioreference.blogspot.com before now.

kd5dga

Lindsay,
I visited you profile on the blog and I had a laugh when clicking on the link for your webpage. Not realizing it took me to radioreference, your webpage.

Status
Not open for further replies.