RadioReference Removes Ads for Premium Subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Great news folks,

One of the new features that is part of Thursday's site updates includes us removing almost all ads for premium subscribers.

The Scanner Master ad at the top of each page will still be present for everyone, but all other ads are removed for those who are premium subscribers.

Enjoy!!

Warm regards,

Lindsay

Highpockets

The Featured Item ad is still there, but that goes with the Scanner Master Ad, great job Lindsay!

Anyway of just having to log in once for the whole site in future updates?

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Rick

Hi, as a new Premium Member I like to thank you for "no ads", although since they are on so many web sites, I now somehow never see them anymore. I somehow block them out without even thinking.LOL
Anyway thanks for this web site, I've been a scanner listener for many many years, but I just bought a new Uniden BCT15X scanner and man, am I gonna need help. Uniden may be a good scanner but the people that work there are nuts. No manual with the scanner, just a cd that tells u stuff like this. If you want to turn up the vol. it says "go to this web page", unles u want to turn it down then go to "that web page", to mute it go to "the other web page" and to go to the bathroom go to this web page. Very very hard and confusing. Like I can't find out if there are banks anymore so I can just click off a whole bank if I don't want to listen to it instead of each and every channel. Anyway Thank for this web site. I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot from me for help.

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Anyway of just having to log in once for the whole site in future updates?

I'm sorry to say that this is just not possible. The forums are a third-party software product and the level of integration that you see if the best we can do.

Unless we write our own forums software :wink: Which, we aren't going to do anytime soon.:D

lep

I take it that a "sponsored link" is not considered an ad? Sure looks like ads to me.

OCO

The Scanner Master ad at the top of each page will still be present for everyone, but all other ads are removed for those who are premium subscribers.
I'm still getting ads in the location shown below... I've logged out and back in, using both Firefox and Chrome. Not blocking 3rd party cookies. All other ads seem to be gone (except the expected ScannerMaster). What am I doing wrong or am I misunderstanding?(Thanks for the changes, in general you can really see the difference in page load times.)

Attachments

• ad1.jpg
    ad1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,168

OCO

Just checked Opera and IE8, all the same... The Flash based ads drive me crazy (or just keep me there)..

OCO

Fixed! Thank you, Lindsay - (and whoever "we" is, too). This wasn't part of the deal when I paid for the subscription, so it makes that even a better deal.....

OCO

I don't know why people just don't just simply install this small add-on. It works great. I don't see any ads on RR with the exception of the ScannerMaster ads, which is not bad at all.

A couple of reasons - add-ons usually take on a PITA life of their own and they deprive website owners of income. In this case, RR is apparently applying part of the subscription income to subsidize the loss of ad income from Premium Subscriber page usage....

Last edited:

lep

Adblock plus if for FIREFOX

Not to prolong this discussion for ever and ever but the cited adblocker does not suport IE 8 (whatever your view of Microsoft, still the most widely used browser). The cited site is an advert for Firefox.

LowBat

Premium Subscriber
I actually don't mind ads, as long as they are on a seperate tab so I can choose if and when I want to see them.

OCO

Obviously not a big deal (because I just noticed it after a week), but I'm still seeing an Ad Choices ad in the lower left corner of Wiki pages...I'm not sure if that one was supposed to be there or not for premium subscribers. FWIW, it can stay, it's not really like the eye grabbers..and you did say almost, not all ads would be removed.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.