RadioShack PRO-164 text-tags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Hello all, I currently am using a RadioShack PRO-164 scanner to broadcast my live feed for my area. I have done endless searching on the net and can't find any answers to my question, so I'm hoping one or some of u may know... Is there ANY way to broadcast talkgroup tags with a PRO-164 scanner? Is there any broadcasting program that uses the PC/IF cable or somehow can decode thru the earphone outlet and allow sending talkgroup ID's/tags over my live feed? Or am I out of luck cuz I don't use a Uniden scanner since it seems those are the only ones that can transmit talkgroup text-tags over a live feed broadcast... Your answers will be appreciated and thank again!

-- David Coviello
Hollywood, FL

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-164

The answer is that it is not supported by the scanner. The serial protocol via the PC/IF connector is basically only for "cloning" which has been leveraged to program the scanner via a computer. The scanner does not have smart enough firmware to allow text tags or other status info to be queried or sent via the serial port.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Re: PRO-164 text-tags

The answer is that it is not supported by the scanner. The serial protocol via the PC/IF connector is basically only for "cloning" which has been leveraged to program the scanner via a computer. The scanner does not have smart enough firmware to allow text tags or other status info to be queried or sent via the serial port.

Well that just sucks! I guess u get what u pay for LOL spose I'll have to save up for a better scanner then... Thanks!

--David Coviello
Hollywood, FL

elitedata

elitedata

Well that just sucks! I guess u get what u pay for LOL spose I'll have to save up for a better scanner then... Thanks!

--David Coviello
Hollywood, FL

this is the second post in response to your post (first one is in moderator queue) i use the PRO-106 with Win500 and a screen capture program called "SCFH DSF" or "VhScrCap" with Adobe Flash Media Encoder on a laptop. its a pretty simple solution to what youre trying to do. i do however have extra audio processing equipment in place as well as a commercial antenna for reception and i also use a third-party to host the stream for free. see my profile/signature (website) for a demonstration on it in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.