Radioshack PRO-95 scanner all channels locked out HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wd9jkc

Premium Subscriber
A friend of mine gave me this radio, Radioshack PRO-95, still in the box. He then ran away giggling and mumbling "good luck". I now see why. My problem is no matter what I do it reads, ALL CHANNELS LOCKED OUT! I've read through the manual twice now and I've had at least five other people trying to unlock the darned thing. I purchased the cable and the software.The software gives an option to choose all channels and unlock... nothing. I've reset it... nothing. I've done the initializing thing... nothing. I have no clue what to do next. Anyone have an answer?

fyrefyter2008

i used to have a pro-95 and know it REALLY good.

If you want to send it to me, i can unlock it..........but its up to you.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Essentially at the following message threads, nothing is programmed in. Just use the Search in the upper right of the webpage. I see your in Indiana, if you're expecting to listen to the SAFE-T system, this radio cant do it as it isn't digital.

Been discussed many times over I see.
A good one to look at,
http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/13478-pro-95-newbe-help-please.html

Full search of the many threads and more: RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

N8IAA

A friend of mine gave me this radio, Radioshack PRO-95, still in the box. He then ran away giggling and mumbling "good luck". I now see why. My problem is no matter what I do it reads, ALL CHANNELS LOCKED OUT! I've read through the manual twice now and I've had at least five other people trying to unlock the darned thing. I purchased the cable and the software.The software gives an option to choose all channels and unlock... nothing. I've reset it... nothing. I've done the initializing thing... nothing. I have no clue what to do next. Anyone have an answer?

Have you pressed the MAN button and scroll through the memories to see if anything has been programmed in? Have you downloaded what might be in the scanner to the software to see if anything is programmed in? Have you imported anything from RR into the software and uploaded to the scanner?
ALL CHANNELS LOCKED OUT= no frequencies programmed into the scanner.
HTH,
Larry

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-93 or PRO-95

ALL CHANNELS LOCKED OUT= no frequencies programmed into the scanner.
You could have a scanner full of frequencies, but if nothing has been selected to be scanned, it can also mean just what it says. Press MAN and use UP and DOWN to determine if anything is in there at all. If you find that frequencies indeed have been programmed, make sure they are not locked out (toggle with L/O key). If that's good, then press SCAN again and try pressing the number keys 0-9 to enable the banks.

Michael-SATX

I've reset it... nothing. I've done the initializing thing... nothing.

So according to the op he has cleared all programming so there likely nothing to upload to his PC.
Most of us know that this message means nothing is programmed in any of the banks & channels.
Last on a long shot there is or were frequencies programmed in but all those are locked out (not likely).

So take it slow and devise a game plan ... ie grouping your banks by catagories and or counties, etc.
Example: Bank #0 = Fire Depts, Bank #1 = Police Depts, Bank #3 = Public Works, B#4 = Schools, etc
Also, if you have any "analog only" type Motorola or EDACS trunking systems give each their own bank.
Perhaps you have the free download of WIN95 from starrsoft (dot) com to use with your PC/IF cable ?
With me, once I used the WIN95 software to program my Pro-95, it sure shot my learning curve straight up !

Good luck and I'm sure that you will learn a GREat deal if you stick with it ask questions here ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.