• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Radioworld.ca 411 kindly requested...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristisphoto

Radioworld please forgive for doing this BUUUT
I just like checking on every one lol
ANYWAYS
Hi all
Just curious how have your dealings and Especially shipping been in regards to Radioworld.ca???
Was the shipping accurate, timely,
Dependable, etc..
I am a USA native buying from the USA LOL
AND hence I am just checking before I buy Anything online.:lol:

Cause these dayz one must ALWAYS be on guard..
Even though Canadians are generally cool...
still...
Any help would be appreciated...
Oh and remember ONE place that IS dependable IS:
Scannersunlimited in San Carlos,CA
They ROOOCK !! lol

Warm regards,
Crista

Also ME thinks it would be cool to start a forum for places that deal in the radio hobby..
So if one was errant, or good then user of RR could know and feel a bit more confident when shopping for thier new toys LOL:cool:

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Hi Crista,
Never did buy on line because they are a 5 mins drive away for me. But a friend did order from them that is in Vancouver and got his item pretty quickly. But that is just one example. Maybe other people from the States ordered from them and can give you there story.
I buy my stuff from the States now due to the dollar LOL:D
Take care

cristisphoto

Canadian Dollars, and USA Dollars converter

:lol: :cool:LOL yeah I was comparing aaand If the Canadian price was 45.
then it would like 39.75 abouts lol

I used this:
http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/rates/converter.html

So I figured HEy I can actually save a few bucks on the toys I can't find locally..:cool:

I have been looking through the web and All seems well thus far.. they seem SUPER friendly which is a plus.
BUt ya know I like being thourough..
Furthermore, I Don't except whatever to come like two hours after They recived my payment
Buut I do hope they would ship it credble IE whomever they use doesn't toss it around, opens it and/or worse STEALS it lol:roll:

Basically I trust them now
It's do I trust the actual shippers??? lol
99% of things I will buy at Scannersunlimited in San Carlos,CA
BUt there are few things that Scannesrunliited doesn't /can't have due to US being tight lol
ANyways,
Thanks for your help...
Kind regardss,
Crista

SCPD

Hi Christa,

Check out www.durhamradio.com too. They're very good to deal with.

Exchange isn't as good as it was about 7 or 8 months ago. Last check I made it was around 12 cents on the dollar. Back in Feb it was almost 30. It is making it better for us Canadians to shop though.

Happy shopping,whichever side of the border you choose.

red8

Hello Christa

HELLO CHRISTA
GREETINGS FROM THE BAYOU LAND OF LOUISIANA, THIS red8 WHERE AND I, PERSONALLY WOULD NOT BUY ANYTHING BUT AMERICAN, I AM FIRM BELIEVER IN KEEPING AMERICANS AT WORK. HOPE YA'LL ARE DOING GOOD AND THAT INCLUDES YOU
TOO WHEELCHAIRMAN.

red8
bc386t & bc796t

EJB

Nativist soundboards aside (red8 CAPS, remove them)
Radioworld are fine to deal with. I have bought stuff from them for years and never had a problem.
Eric

pathalogical

red8 said:
HELLO CHRISTA
GREETINGS FROM THE BAYOU LAND OF LOUISIANA, THIS red8 WHERE AND I, PERSONALLY WOULD NOT BUY ANYTHING BUT AMERICAN, I AM FIRM BELIEVER IN KEEPING AMERICANS AT WORK. HOPE YA'LL ARE DOING GOOD AND THAT INCLUDES YOU
TOO WHEELCHAIRMAN.

red8
bc386t & bc796t
Sorry man, made in America is extinct.
Looking at my radios:
Pro 46 Manufactured in Philippines
Pro 43 Made in Japan
246 Made in China
Just look around your house, vcr, tv, phones, cellphones, the computer you're reading this on...the list goes on and on. I still have many of my childhood toys that my nephews like playing with now. Rock solid toys that have stood the test of time, Made in USA ! Where are kids toys made now...China !!! If your cars vin number starts with 2, it's made in Canada. Next time you're eating at Jack in the Box, ask where the beef is from, it may very well be Canadian beef, eh ! But what would some minimum wage worker know anyway. I'm with you all the way. I prefer to buy from Canadian retailers, but the good things we like to buy just aren't made in our countries anymore. If you wanna buy American, buy an apple pie. Don't eat it 'a la mode', cuz then it's French !!!

Last edited:

cristisphoto

I know lol

red8 said:
HELLO CHRISTA
TOO WHEELCHAIRMAN.

red8
bc386t & bc796t
I actually one thousand percent agree with ya but unfrotuantly there are some thing Americans Just Aint got...
:roll:
Love
always
A patriot
Crista

cristisphoto

Thaks to all whom replied...

OK thanks all for the help and advice I had a feeling they ewer ok
But I am a tad paranoid,,
MAybe the radio have fried my brain of course my brain was fried LONG before My first scanner
lolohehhehelolol
seriously though,
Thanks all,
Kind regrads
Crista

And also Canadians have always been kind to me sooo
:wink:
Plus
Remember the USA and Cananda to my knowledge has never had any beefs sooo

rhutch

red8 said:
HELLO CHRISTA
TOO WHEELCHAIRMAN.

red8
bc386t & bc796t
What American made radio gear is out there sport or for that matter electronics in general, I take it you don't own a computer, tv or for that matter a car because the majority of the parts in American Assembled cars comes from foreign companies. It's a global world time to wake up. The only things actually made in the US are burgers a fries and even there the Beef and Potatoes probably come from a foreign country.

cristisphoto

rhutch said:
What American made radio gear is out there sport or for that matter electronics in general, I take it you don't own a computer, tv or for that matter a car because the majority of the parts in American Assembled cars comes from foreign companies. It's a global world time to wake up. The only things actually made in the US are burgers a fries and even there the Beef and Potatoes probably come from a foreign country.

Ok you win on that Argument
Hell
Even the US flags are made elsewhere
SAD but true
BUt hey ME I don't drive
Own an IBM THinkpad before IBM sold to Lenvo
And ME welll I was Born and raised the USA HOO RAH!!!LOL
AND I even served in the US NAvy
SOo at least I try to keep it RED ,WHITE, AND BLUUE lol

Crista

America ROOOCKS
Always