• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radius CP200D help Error #1243 in CPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gradymedic

So I bought a used 200d off E- bay. I've had pretty good luck with the last dozen or so I've purchased. This is a 16 channel UHF like the rest of them.

But when I read it to start programming it, for the first time, I found one that did not have digital enabled. So I contacted my local motorola dealer and bought the EID to enable digital. That part of the programming went fine and I updated the firmware and codeplug as required before activating the EID. Ever since then I've had a problem with the radio. I can read it no problem with CPS. But I cannot write back to it - even the same codeplug I just read. I get an error #1243 to update the firmware. I've downloaded a copy of the standalone firmware update from business solutions and tried to update the firmware and also tried to restore the radio. The standalone firmware program installs correctly and I can go into the programfiles folder and find the correct Model number and Tanapa number in the firmware files that matches the radio but when I try to update or restore CPS says it cannot find the correct file. So I now have a useless brick that I can't program and can't update or restore. Its stuck with the frequencies from the last time I was able to program it which is about 3 customers/contracts ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions for anything i may be missing? Before I send it off for a factory reset and lose my EID and have to start over. I was hoping one of your BatWing gurus might know a trick or two or something I'm missing that one of you may have encountered before.

Thanks in advance...

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
What version of CPS, radio FW, FW you are trying to upgrade to? What programming cable part number? Have you opened the radio to check for liquid damage? TT

gradymedic

CPS 15.5, Don't have the radio in front of me so I don't know the FW off the top of my head. It is newer than the other 15 or so 200ds I have and they all read/write fine. Programming cable is a high quality Micro USB that I use to program all of the radios - and again every other radio I have works fine. I guess something got corrupted with the EID purchase/digital enable. And also not sure what version of FW its trying to upgrade to. Its the latest available from mother M. Its the stand alone program to update 200ds. I have opened the radio and there is no moisture damage. It works fine with the channels it has programmed. And I can read it no problem. It just errors out when I go to write back. I'm guessing the EID upgrade caused some stupid checksum mismatch and I'm going to have to send the radio back to Motorola for a repair. Not really worth the money when I can buy them for $100 a piece... I guess I have a spare wheel chock now.

K2NEC

I think this is your issue.

https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/cp200d-digital-upgrade.376750/
However, if you do go the legitimate route.. put the entitlement in there BEFORE you upgrade the firmware.

If you upgrade the firmware first, it'll be stuck as an analog radio and while it will take the entitlement it won't actually switch over without another firmware update. Which you can't do if you updated to the latest.

That issue may have been fixed at this point but I'm not sure, had to send 3 back to the depot for repair after this happened during a switch over of 100 radios or so.

K2NEC

Unfortunately Moto doesn't send directions when you upgrade and if you don't know what you are doing then this happens. You have to wait for the newest firmware to come out and at this moment it doesn't seem like that is going to happen any time soon.

ve3rma

I have bought a used UHF cp200d off of kijiji and got mototrbo cps 12 and a pmkn4128a cable which will not work I keep getting error #1027 ... I think the only way to solve this is to get a uhf cp200d codeplug if someone has one or knows how to fix this. ... it is a model AAH01QDC9JC2AN ver R01.01.05.0001.
HELP what am I doing wrong?

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
You need newer cps or correct region CPS. The newer CPS 2.0 does not care about regions. TT

ve3rma

Where does the cps 2.0 start? Motorola cps or mototrbo cps? I have Motorola cps16.0 and mototrbo 15.5 now.

ve3rma

I finally got it programmed with the cps 16.0 build 827! Now I need to figure out getting it off narrow band only as all the armature repeaters are wide band.

K2NEC

I finally got it programmed with the cps 16.0 build 827! Now I need to figure out getting it off narrow band only as all the armature repeaters are wide band.
I can help you with that try to send me a message

ve3rma

unsure how to send PM. if I right click and try to go to you it says I don't have permission
you could always respond at gmail

Status
Not open for further replies.