rail freques in Abilene

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudsyjkh

Hi all: just finally made my long trip from Canada down here to Abilene. My girlfriend lives right by the train tracks here in town. We're both partly blind so we're not exactly sure what rail company uses said tracks. The trains are extremely frequently and I'm just wondering what freques and/or rail companies would use these tracks here in Abilene.
Thanks in advance all.
-John

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Funny you should ask. I have been working on the Texas Railroad page in the database, accessed by going to the Texas page and clicking on Railroads. I know BNSF and Union Pacific both have subdivisions through the area, via Sweetwater and Fort Worth. I am working on getting all the information, as I am not much of a railfan, but we didn't have a wealth of information on our database, so myself and KD5DGA have been working on it. For now, try:

160.425 - BNSF Telephone PBX Repeater Sweetwater
160.935 - BNSF Lampasas Subdivision (Sweetwater to Temple)
160.410 - UP Baird Subdivision (Sweetwater to Fort Worth)

There is an old line that used to run north out of Abilene, still shows up on road maps, but there are no railroad frequencies in the counties north of Abilene. Best guess is the old Abilene and Northern Railroad that was merged with Missouri Pacific in the 70's.

If and when I discover some more railroad frequencies in the area, I will post them here. In the meanwhile, you could search the railroad frequencies: 160.215 to 161.565. See if anything else jumps out at you.

sudsyjkh

THanks a lot. I actually found the Lampasas [bnsf] sub 160.935 last night just searching the rail band, it's loud and clear here in Abilene citycenter. So I have put those other two in to see. I will also post here if any more pop up over my vacation here.

KenFL9

Premium Subscriber
Rail Frequencies around Abilene

160.935 for the Lampassas Sub from Tecific just east of Sweetwater to Temple and the Sweetwater PBX on 160.425 are correct. The closest BNSF PBX to Abilene in southeast at Lawn, TX on 160.335. The UP Baird Sub runs from Fort Worth to Sweetwater. The road channel from Fort Worth to Clyde, just east of Abilene, is 160.410. From Clyde through Abilene and Sweetwater on to Pecos the road channel is 160.800, and all the UP PBX's are on 160.605. The local shortline called Southern Switching had been using UHF itinerant channels 464.500 and 464.550 when they operate. More railroad listings for Texas are on my website at http://www.FL9.com under frequency database.

Ken Fitzgerald

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
KenFL9 said:
160.935 for the Lampassas Sub from Tecific just east of Sweetwater to Temple and the Sweetwater PBX on 160.425 are correct. The closest BNSF PBX to Abilene in southeast at Lawn, TX on 160.335. The UP Baird Sub runs from Fort Worth to Sweetwater. The road channel from Fort Worth to Clyde, just east of Abilene, is 160.410. From Clyde through Abilene and Sweetwater on to Pecos the road channel is 160.800, and all the UP PBX's are on 160.605. The local shortline called Southern Switching had been using UHF itinerant channels 464.500 and 464.550 when they operate. More railroad listings for Texas are on my website at http://www.FL9.com under frequency database.

Ken Fitzgerald

Thanks. Have you checked out our Texas DB Railroads page lately. I worked on that for hours the other day. I think that the BNSF page is almost complete, minus scattered yard channels. I am in the process of working on the UP page whenever I have an off night and peace and quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.