Railroad CTC Following

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello. I have a few questions I am hoping anyone on here can help me with.

First is there any software or program out there on the internet that you can download for free to follow Trains on the subdivisons in your area just like the dispatchers use and what they have at the train stations for the guys to look at to see where all the trains are on that subdivison or other subdivisons. Because a few years ago I did see one but can't find it anymore.

Second what all would I need in order to do this, that is if you can download a program or software to do this. Would I just need a scanner, a certain frequency(ies) and a tap to the scanner in order to do this. Let me know.

If you can do this. I would like to use a program or software to see where all the trains are on our subdivison, especially for the passenger train, so if and when there is someone on there I can see where it is and head out to the station when it is close instead of waiting for quite awhile for it.

So I will be waiting for any replies to these 2 questions in this post. Thanks

tim369xxx

There is ATCS Mon. Do a search & add their yahoo group. If any questions just post one on the yahoo group & im sure somebody will help.

When you get ATCS it shows all the packet data & there is a Dispatcher Display.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
There is ATCS Mon. Do a search & add their yahoo group. If any questions just post one on the yahoo group & im sure somebody will help.

When you get ATCS it shows all the packet data & there is a Dispatcher Display.

And if/when you join, PLEASE read the ATCSMon Wiki before attempting to use the software or posting questions in the forum. It's definitely not "Plug and Play" and does require some knowledge of setting up links to servers, adding monitoring kits to your setup, connecting a radio to your computer, etc.

You can watch by connecting to a server if there is one monitoring the line you're interested in; alternatively you can monitor by radio but you have to be close.

This all assumes that the area you wish to monitor is actually live with ATCS. If it's not, you're out of luck.

As regards actually seeing the trains on the display, it will show you where trains are, but it will not tell you which train is which, so if you're specifically interested in the passenger train, again, you're out of luck.

Last edited:

PJH

Premium Subscriber
....and that only if ATCS is in use in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.