Raleigh-Wake Communications Center Upgrades with AT&T ESInet

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Raleigh-Wake Communications Center Upgrades with AT&T ESInet
Friday, October 05, 2018

The Raleigh-Wake Emergency Communication Center’s 9-1-1 system updated its technology with an emergency services IP network (ESInet) from AT&T and completed the first call on the network.

The IP-based call-routing service will help public-safety answering points (PSAPs) keep up with the needs of its callers. Using the National Emergency Number Association (NENA) i3 standards, PSAPs will be able to provide a more reliable and improved 9-1-1 experience.

The Raleigh-Wake Emergency Communications Center is the first PSAP in the country to successfully move to the AT&T ESInet i3 service.

“This is a critical upgrade to maintain the current and future safety of our county,” said Dominick Nutter, director of the Raleigh-Wake Emergency Communications Center. “When residents call 9-1-1 for help, they should be confident that we’ll be there for them. AT&T ESInet brings that confidence. It helps us route emergency calls correctly, gives us resiliency to stay connected during disasters and will allow us to better collaborate with other AT&T ESInet-connected PSAPs.”

Raleigh’s Emergency Communication Center receives more than 1 million 9-1-1 calls each year. These will now be managed via AT&T ESInet to better support influxes in call volume.

Text to 9-1-1 is expected later this year. This will let the public send texts to the Raleigh-Wake Emergency Communications Center, giving residents more ways to interact with 911 when voice isn’t an option.

“We’re leaning forward with this new service because we want to do the best we can for the community and our residents to ensure they get the best possible 9-1-1 service,” Nutter said.

https://www.rrmediagroup.com/News/NewsDetails/newsID/17444

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

ts548

They also happen to be using our phone system. First PSAP in the state to use ESInet in NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.