random q & a

We all have questions and yet in many cases we don’t always find the answers.
Here are some questions and possible answers some of which can be for fun and may not be accurate:

Actor Russell Johnson(1924-2014) enjoyed his post GILLIGAN’S ISLAND years since people would often ask him that if the professor(who he played on that program) was so smart, why couldn’t he design and build a boat so they could all get off the island. Well, he gave them the most logical answer that if they built a boat to get off the island, they all would have been out of a job.

How in the world did people deal with annoying relatives and other unwanted phone calls 50-75 years ago before the silent feature and caller ID?
I would imagine destroying the phone was the only option since it wasn’t practical to disconnect the thing especially if it was hardwired into the wall.

If you want to go to the airport, all you have to do is push a button and a cab will show up in very short order yet a highly educated medical doctor in many cases can’t seem to keep appointments on time?
My former doctor often ran at least 90 minutes behind and seldom offered an apology.

Why do restaurants change the core menu items that made them famous and then wonder why customers don’t come back?
The only reason that makes sense is because they’re stupid.

OK I got some more good ones here. NOTE one the last one is kind of a stretch but I wish to ask anyway.

1. On an old laptop, an Acer 5100 there are five LED indicators near the speakers. 1 is for the bluetooth , 2 is unknown, 3 is Wifi, 4 is power, 5 is charging. No ideas on the 2nd LED indicator :confused:

2. Location of cell tower/radio tower database???

3. These ghost hunters are finding stuff or at least claiming to find "things" These "things" whatever they may be, are they in a specific frequency range to be seen?! Sorry but I have never seen anything i think History channel just make stuff up for TV to get advertising revenue :roll:

How about why don’t dentists encourage kids to eat sticky candy?
That would improve business.
I kidd my dentist about that and he just laughs.

Or one that’s more serious.
I see places with their American flags still at full staff when they should be at half staff to honor George HW Bush for 30 days after his passing.
Yet some of these places have managed to set up their inflated Santa’s.
Now is that mixed up priorities or just ignorant?

Why do they put Braille dots on drive-up ATMs?

Why do we drive on a parkway and park our cars on a driveway?

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

If olive oil is made with olives, what is baby oil made from?

Why can my ATM card access all my financial information, but it can't keep track of which language I use?

If you ever feel your job is pointless, remember that there are people who's job it is to install turn signals on BMW's.

I just need is spotted this thread. I have some answers!

Here we go...

2. Location of cell tower/radio tower database???
Try CTIA.org.

3. These ghost hunters are finding stuff or at least claiming to find "things" These "things" whatever they may be, are they in a specific frequency range to be seen?! Sorry but I have never seen anything i think History channel just make stuff up for TV to get advertising revenue :roll:
The devices used are a couple of things. One detects electric and magnegic fields, probably DC to 60 Hz. Another device is a rapidly scanning FM broadcast receiver. Both types of devices are snake oil powered.

i lived in a haunted house. The best way to detect a ghost is with your own senses.

Or “To end this call press 6 or simply hang up.”
Gee, you mean that you can actually end a call by “hanging up”?
So push a specific number then disconnect?
I guess they have to assume there are people that would stay on the phone unless someone else gave them instructions on how to end a call. :)

It doesn't know the language of the guy who found your card.
That's what annoys me. I don't switch languages on the fly. I'm only fluent in one. I have zero need to use the ATM machine under any other languages.
I asked the lady at the bank once. She gave me a blank stare and said "Whaaaaaaaaaaattttttt?" Never mind, too hard to explain.

Or “To end this call press 6 or simply hang up.”
Gee, you mean that you can actually end a call by “hanging up”?
So push a specific number then disconnect?
I guess they have to assume there are people that would stay on the phone unless someone else gave them instructions on how to end a call. :)
Actually, I used to design and program some of these systems. Some business phones will automatically hang up when it sees the circuit drop. When on a speaker phone, it's a handy way to end the call. But, yeah, overkill, not necessary, just hit the hang up button.

But it was fun to "hide" stuff in the menus. One customer that was pretty annoying, I set up all the unlisted choices to dump the call. Sometimes callers would fish around looking for ways to get past the menu. I'd meet that with a "click" and a disconnect, make them start all over again.