• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCD436HP: Range Search Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
I noticed with my radio that it was not showing the site information when I would do a range scan. I did a hard reset of the radio and then it was working fine. So I changed back everything in Sentinel and re-uploaded that to my scanner and again it went to not showing the site info. I tried a number of different things and finally I got to a point where I might of been able to recreate the issue. So to test this out I am doing a range scan of Quick Key 6.. which I have set as the UHF 450-470 Mhz band.. what I did was change the range and all of of the settings in Sentinel but kept the name of each search band as the default.. re-uploaded it to my radio and everything worked fine.. So I tried changing the name of each search range.. I did first two.. and checked everything was fine.. then I went to change the name of Quick Key 6.. and boom it went back to not showing the site info.. it would know it's a Connect Plus, the CC and the slot but that is all that it would show.

Matt

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
I found that you can change any of the other settings, as long as you do not touch the name, it still works. You can change the lower and upper search values and such, but as long as you leave the names as is, it will work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Yes that is what I found too.. Definitely a bug.. I wonder if there is a way to get this info over to Upman.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed with my radio that it was not showing the site information when I would do a range scan. I did a hard reset of the radio and then it was working fine. So I changed back everything in Sentinel and re-uploaded that to my scanner and again it went to not showing the site info. I tried a number of different things and finally I got to a point where I might of been able to recreate the issue. So to test this out I am doing a range scan of Quick Key 6.. which I have set as the UHF 450-470 Mhz band.. what I did was change the range and all of of the settings in Sentinel but kept the name of each search band as the default.. re-uploaded it to my radio and everything worked fine.. So I tried changing the name of each search range.. I did first two.. and checked everything was fine.. then I went to change the name of Quick Key 6.. and boom it went back to not showing the site info.. it would know it's a Connect Plus, the CC and the slot but that is all that it would show.

Matt
I do not think this is a bug. That is exactly how Paul explained it when DMR was released. If the Custom Search range is "Named" other than the default then the DMR data will not display. The Custom Search range must be the default name to display DMR data stream info.

Status
Not open for further replies.