BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Range Search Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbstone99

I noticed with my radio that it was not showing the site information when I would do a range scan. I did a hard reset of the radio and then it was working fine. So I changed back everything in Sentinel and re-uploaded that to my scanner and again it went to not showing the site info. I tried a number of different things and finally I got to a point where I might of been able to recreate the issue. So to test this out I am doing a range scan of Quick Key 6.. which I have set as the UHF 450-470 Mhz band.. what I did was change the range and all of of the settings in Sentinel but kept the name of each search band as the default.. re-uploaded it to my radio and everything worked fine.. So I tried changing the name of each search range.. I did first two.. and checked everything was fine.. then I went to change the name of Quick Key 6.. and boom it went back to not showing the site info.. it would know it's a Connect Plus, the CC and the slot but that is all that it would show.

Matt

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Same thing here as well on my 536HP. As soon as you make changes, you have to go into quick search for it to work.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
I found that you can change any of the other settings, as long as you do not touch the name, it still works. You can change the lower and upper search values and such, but as long as you leave the names as is, it will work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mbstone99

Yes that is what I found too.. Definitely a bug.. I wonder if there is a way to get this info over to Upman.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Post it in the DMR Public Release thread or see if someone change the title of this thread by adding UPMAN: Range Search bug found!!

bearcat

I noticed with my radio that it was not showing the site information when I would do a range scan. I did a hard reset of the radio and then it was working fine. So I changed back everything in Sentinel and re-uploaded that to my scanner and again it went to not showing the site info. I tried a number of different things and finally I got to a point where I might of been able to recreate the issue. So to test this out I am doing a range scan of Quick Key 6.. which I have set as the UHF 450-470 Mhz band.. what I did was change the range and all of of the settings in Sentinel but kept the name of each search band as the default.. re-uploaded it to my radio and everything worked fine.. So I tried changing the name of each search range.. I did first two.. and checked everything was fine.. then I went to change the name of Quick Key 6.. and boom it went back to not showing the site info.. it would know it's a Connect Plus, the CC and the slot but that is all that it would show.

Matt
I do not think this is a bug. That is exactly how Paul explained it when DMR was released. If the Custom Search range is "Named" other than the default then the DMR data will not display. The Custom Search range must be the default name to display DMR data stream info.

bearcat

Thanks for the reply upman and bearcat.. Now is there a reason why it is like this?

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would guess it is because once you use that screen area for user text, it is no longer available for DMR data.

Status
Not open for further replies.