• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Raspberry Pi + RSP2 + raspbian + Chromium

May be this has been discussed before, but here is my question.

I am trying to get my RPi3B+ and my SdrPlay RSp2 working ADSB.
I can get Dump 1090 to work on a terminal, but want to also get the plane plotter going.

All the examples I find use Windows as the internet interface.

Looking for a one computer (Raspberry Pi) solution.

Any help?

tnx for reading

jim vm

If you mean running everything on the Raspberry Pi - maybe. I run dump1090 on mine so that's definitely possible. SDRplay offers a Raspberry Pi image pre-loaded with drivers for the SDRplay and a few packages already installed, one of which is dump1090.

I don't use PlanePlotter, so I don't know if that's available for the Raspberry Pi.

You'd need to know how to image a Raspberry Pi and be proficient in linux to get everything working.

ADSB + RPi

I have the image from Sdrplay running on my Pi. The ADSB works by displaying a BASH terminal, but
that is it. The documentation for dump1090 only shows how to make a windows computer work.

I have no interest in broadcasting my data, only wanted to experiment.

I have found Piaware and virtual radar server, might be the way to go.

The linux setup stuff is way over my head.

Thanks for the advice, will post if I get something working.

The Rsp2 rcvr works great with a discone. I can see all kinds of aircraft in my area.

jim vm